The One Hand Dead Lift

climber511

pretty neat little article. I had no idea cambered bars were allowed; like the article says, HUGE difference!

That is pretty interesting. I like using a cambered bar, but it only upped my max by 30 lbs.

edit to note - Mark Felix's recent lift is heavier than any mentioned in that article.

Edited by The Writer

A cambered bar is about the same as hooking it. My best is 265 on a normal bar no hook and 385 on my cambered bar.

Neat article ! Nick and I were talking about the onehand deadlift last night. I finally broke down and tried it first time since MGC to see how far off I am now. It ended up quite a bit but I found I was able to do about 25# more on my non knurled Old york olympic bar. My 1 1/8" knurled bar with pretty heavy knurling dropped me way off it unlike the other(I'm a big wimp).I felt like I can lock my hand in better and without pain on the nonknurled bar which is the bar I've done 300#on (in the now distant past as I found out) this bar is also not cambered. Nick told me he had the same issue anyone else have similiar deal or jsut us weirdos?

I don't own a bar that truly has no center knurling. My Eleiko training bar has a very very light knurl but it has an extremely smooth chrome finish and of course spins like crazy. I do considerably less weight on it in a one hand DL.

And yes - you guys are weirdos :D

I was able to do about 25# more on my non knurled Old york olympic bar. My 1 1/8" knurled bar with pretty heavy knurling dropped me way off it unlike the other

I have noticed this too on a lesser extent. My York bar is a bit thinner, approximately 1 1/16" instead of 1 1/8" with no knurling. I usually use a 1 1/8" bar with heavy knurling. It seems to rotate fairly easy, with very little give or bending.

Ah well. My numbers are 245 on a center-knurled Olympic bar and 275 on the cambered bar (which is a slightly larger diameter). Both conventional style, no hook. Straddling the bar doesn't help me. My two-handed mix-grip max is only 405 for comparison.

And yes - you guys are weirdos :D

Oh believe me I know you don't want in here it scares me and I'm only here part of the time :blink

Edited by stew2