Finally Got The Coc Set

Raadster

Hey guys im 22 and up till about 4 days ago ive been levering like a mad man for a few months and was doing alot of pinch, but have a recurring thumb injury so the pinch is on pause for a while it seems.

I got the Coc set which as you all know includes the trainer, 1-4 grippers. I ripped open the trainer, #1 and #2 and mashed the trainer with ease i also mashed the #1 and after i was well warmed up I had a crack at the #2 and got it to about 1cm. The sad thing is that after those attempts i went beserk on the trainer and now the #1 is too hard to close, but i guess that is to be expected.

I posted a topic a few weeks ago asking about leverings relationship with hand strength, and the reason I asked that was because Ive read a few stories about peoples meeting with Slim the hammerman. This one persons blog about it was that when Slim shook his hand, he felt like his hand was crushed. The amazing thing is that this person could close the #3 confidently according to what he has written which goes to show how strong slims grip is. Ive also read a post on here describing Slims hands as the most muscular hands that person has ever seen.

Now as far as I know Slim levers, and doesnt train grippers, maybe im wrong but if im right and i think i am, then that would support my own findings of levering relationship with grippers. i.e. that being able to rear lever heavy really works the lower forearm which correlates to the pinky and rear fingers crushing strength.

Aside from that, I was really wanting to get peoples feed back on how long it took them to close the #3 from when they started training grippers, I realise this time frame will vary greatly but im hoping i can get a general concensus of it if enough people reply with their own experiences, also if on your journey of closing the #3 you got injured then say how long the injury held you back until your progression continued.

My best close to date is getting the #2 to 1cm and that was the first day I received my grippers, its been 4 days since then and on all those days ive just trained with the trainer doing explosive reps and timed holds. My hands are thoroughly fried now and I hope to be back to training after about 2 days off.

I closed the #1 on day one, I closed the #2 about 1 week after buying it. The #3 took about a year to close from the point I got it. The jump from the #2 to the #3 is MASSIVE. If the #3 is your goal then I'd recomend getting the #2.5 once you've closed the #2 as it's nice to have a bridge gripper. Good Luck and welcome to grippers :rock

I closed the #1 on day one, I closed the #2 about 1 week after buying it. The #3 took about a year to close from the point I got it. The jump from the #2 to the #3 is MASSIVE. If the #3 is your goal then I'd recomend getting the #2.5 once you've closed the #2 as it's nice to have a bridge gripper. Good Luck and welcome to grippers :rock

same with me!!! coc1 on the first day coc2 second week....that was a year ago and stil havnt closed the bloody 3!!! 2.5 was stubborn aswell

same with me!!! coc1 on the first day coc2 second week....that was a year ago and stil havnt closed the bloody 3!!! 2.5 was stubborn aswell

Thanks for the feedback, damn that seems like the step up to number 3 is gonna be a bitch, what was your training like, as in how many days were u training and did you go for volume or low reps on the #2 and negs on the 3?

Thanks for the feedback, damn that seems like the step up to number 3 is gonna be a bitch, what was your training like, as in how many days were u training and did you go for volume or low reps on the #2 and negs on the 3?

well i think on the 1 just hammer it, think most people will respond really well and really quickly. i think you need more structure when you get to the 2 like hit it 3 times a week and then maybe consider the 2.5 because the jump from coc2 to the coc3 is (or was for me) frikkin massive!!! i could do 22 closes with the 2 and stil not a prayer with the coc3

once your nailing 5+ closes with the 2 then i think maybe start including more rounded forearm training to nail the 3 ie wrist curls, pinching, hangs, and other such little nasties

its all fun tho and knowledge is power man, if i knew then what i know now it would all have been much smoother progress so read and gain experience and keep us updated!

oh and low rep all the way i think!

I have a similar experience

I received the 2 first - about a year ago, and mashed that out of the packet, then I bought the 2.5, and can close that probably 25% of the time I try. The 3, I'm at just past parallel with, 1 year on from starting.

I train grippers twice a week - low reps. With some complimentary extensor work. I found that heavy deadlifts really help with the support grip and general hand strength - I train deads twice a week.

I have a similar experience

I received the 2 first - about a year ago, and mashed that out of the packet, then I bought the 2.5, and can close that probably 25% of the time I try. The 3, I'm at just past parallel with, 1 year on from starting.

I train grippers twice a week - low reps. With some complimentary extensor work. I found that heavy deadlifts really help with the support grip and general hand strength - I train deads twice a week.

How is your deads reacting to training twice a week? and are you using a alternate grip?