taekwondo911

Hi,

I just received my rolling thunder

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=8098

I was super excited so I tried it.

first I loaded it with 30 kgs and lifted it with my left and right

then loaded it with 40 and lifted it with my left and right

after that I loaded it with 45 and lifted it with my left and right

Finally loaded it with 50 kgs and lifted it with my left and right :rock :rock :rock

I wouldnt load it with more weight because at the moment because I am leaving my country for 2 days.

When I get home I will do more attempts :D

Good luck with that sinister little device :D

Good luck with the RT. It's one of the toughest grip lifts out there.
it is a very evil :pinch beast

Yes and yes :rock

great aid for complete hand strength, train it atleast once a week and go really heavy

Hey man,

Just so you won't have to dig for it. The program everyone seems to be talking about for RT is something like

2x12-15 reps.

When you can get 15, add 5 pounds and work up to 15 again. Repeat.

I've been working RT and this program works. Laine and Wes can give you more details.

Good luck

-Rex

Edited by The Natural

Guest Odhibjorn

That's on my list of equipment to get, right after my IM headstrap fit for hercules. Good luck with it man, you'll be lifting loads of weight in no time! :rock

Hey man,

Just so you won't have to dig for it. The program everyone seems to be talking about for RT is something like

2x12-15 reps.

I've been working RT and this program works. Laine and Wes can give you more details.

Good luck

-Rex

Rex what are you pulling now in that rep range?

Also on your 12-15, do you release the handle and grasp it again each rep, or do you just set it down touch and go style?

is the handle on an RT thicker than a scafold bar? I was thinking of making one.

I dont know if it is thicker

maybe someone more experienced than me could help you here

Today I worked with my rt and I noticed that while i was lifting my back was extremley sore.

do you think I did something wrong?

I would appreciate it if someone made a video for the board on how to correctly lift using the rt.

thanks

Edited by taekwondo911

On my christmas list...

...please santa, make me a happy man

I have been watching Mark Felix's wr on the rolling thunder. Ol' banana hands dominates that thing

Hey man,

2x12-15 reps.

Good luck

-Rex

Rex what are you pulling now in that rep range?

Also on your 12-15, do you release the handle and grasp it again each rep, or do you just set it down touch and go style?

I started doing these about six weeks ago. I've managed to add 2.5 pounds every week from just one workout a week. Right now it's 3 45's, the loading pin/handle, and a 10 pound plate. My short term goal right now is 3 45's, loading pin/handle, and a 25. I should bet set for the GNC Grip Gauntlet when I can do 2x15 with that weight. And I just touch and go. The results are coming very fast.

-Rex

is the handle on an RT thicker than a scafold bar? I was thinking of making one.

Today I worked with my rt and I noticed that while i was lifting my back was extremley sore.

I would appreciate it if someone made a video for the board on how to correctly lift using the rt.

thanks

can anyone help me hear?

thank you in advance

a rolling thunder is a basic one handed deadlift in the upper or lockout range and so you should use correct deadlift form. I use my hips in that I bing them foward just after I have broke the plates off the ground and lock it out,my back is flat and arm is straight. you might want to watch some youtube vids on deadlifting to get the form down if you dont know it already.

thanks

can anyone help me hear?

thank you in advance

a rolling thunder is a basic one handed deadlift in the upper or lockout range and so you should use correct deadlift form. I use my hips in that I bing them foward just after I have broke the plates off the ground and lock it out,my back is flat and arm is straight. you might want to watch some youtube vids on deadlifting to get the form down if you dont know it already.

thanks

can anyone help me hear?

thank you in advance

yeah the problem is that I dont know how to deadlift...

thanks

taekwondo911, make sure you set your off-hand on your thigh to brace yourself, this will help prevent back pain. My Rolling Thunder lifts went up a lot when I started working my whole body (including deadlifts).

You can use a

or
(often used in European contests to test wrist/forearm strength).

Here's a youtube search with a good sampling of Rolling Thunder videos.

taekwondo911, make sure you set your off-hand on your thigh to brace yourself, this will help prevent back pain. My Rolling Thunder lifts went up a lot when I started working my whole body (including deadlifts).

You can use a

or

Thanks for the tips.

I have a question:

Can anyone even do a bad form of using the rt? I mean a bad form that hurt's the lower back?

Thanks

Edited by taekwondo911

You can use a

or

Thanks for the tips.

I have a question:

Can anyone even do a bad form of using the rt? I mean a bad form that hurt's the lower back?

Thanks

ABSOLUTELY!!! It's astoundingly easy to hurt your back if you use really bad form, I learned that helping my aunt and uncle move after taking my form for granted when the items were light for the most part. Don' take your form for granted and you'll never have back problems.

It's 2-3/8".

I made a homemade version of the RT using 1 1/2" pipe inside a 6" long piece of 2" pipe, with 2 short pieces of 2" welded on the end of the 1 1/2" as outer collars, with a piece of 3/8 rod bent to attach the spring clip. Make sure you grind the ends of the pieces of 2" as smooth as possible to reduce friction.

It's 2-3/8".

I made a homemade version of the RT using 1 1/2" pipe inside a 6" long piece of 2" pipe, with 2 short pieces of 2" welded on the end of the 1 1/2" as outer collars, with a piece of 3/8 rod bent to attach the spring clip. Make sure you grind the ends of the pieces of 2" as smooth as possible to reduce friction.

Sounds like a good setup, though the decreased diameter will make it significantly easier than a 2-3/8" handle...BUT it will still do the job :) Got a pic of it?

When I made mine, I just used a 2-3/8" pipe and made it rotate in the racks. You can see it better here:

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=7700

Edited by Magnus