665lb Koab Killed

CaptainCrush

Went ahead and tried to cert on the KOAB tonight. One of the best AND worst days of my life. :blink

Had the bar wrapped perfect. Started rolling and first hit on the bar...SNAP! Both friggen rubber bands snapped on my left wrap. Instantly turning my mood to a raging maniac! I put a hell of a good bow in the bar on the first hit too. I'd say 8 to 10 degrees by looking at it. So I wasn't going to waste another good bar and try it again with the risk of being too tired for another brutal kink that damn thing has. I rewrapped the bar again and gave it another go. From 10 degrees to about 90 degrees felt harder than the Triangle G8, and this was with so much stinkin addreneline going through me. From there I took it to 2.5 inches pretty quick and then that last half inch got really hard, a good bit harder than the 11/32 drillrod. But it finally froze at about 1 3/4 and it felt good! :D

I wanna thank Eric for sending me the bars. I'm gonna go for the cert again on friday as I have the day off and can get prepared a lot better and have a heck of a lot more energy. This thing really doesn't stand a chance.

665lb KOAB to 1 3/4

Went ahead and tried to cert on the KOAB tonight. One of the best AND worst days of my life. :blink

Had the bar wrapped perfect. Started rolling and first hit on the bar...SNAP! Both friggen rubber bands snapped on my left wrap. Instantly turning my mood to a raging maniac! I put a hell of a good bow in the bar on the first hit too. I'd say 8 to 10 degrees by looking at it. So I wasn't going to waste another good bar and try it again with the risk of being too tired for another brutal kink that damn thing has. I rewrapped the bar again and gave it another go. From 10 degrees to about 90 degrees felt harder than the Triangle G8, and this was with so much stinkin addreneline going through me. From there I took it to 2.5 inches pretty quick and then that last half inch got really hard, a good bit harder than the 11/32 drillrod. But it finally froze at about 1 3/4 and it felt good! :D

I wanna thank Eric for sending me the bars. I'm gonna go for the cert again on friday as I have the day off and can get prepared a lot better and have a heck of a lot more energy. This thing really doesn't stand a chance.

665lb KOAB to 1 3/4

Outstanding! that'll be a great opener for the VBC! :rock

wow that thing looks badass! very nice job. how long did it take you

After I rewrapped it I'd say it took about 3 minutes or so to get it to 1 3/4. The crush on that thing is really tough. I ended up using double leather on my left side and a single Jason Payne crushdown pad on the right to get it to start moving again.

665lb KOAB to 1 3/4

Thanks brotha! :D

After giving that thing a go I can't give you enough praise for bending the BKOAB in 1:30 :rock

Great work tonight! Kill that thing on Fri!

Thanks Carl!!! I'll be giving it everything I got!

665lb KOAB to 1 3/4

Thanks brotha! :D

After giving that thing a go I can't give you enough praise for bending the BKOAB in 1:30 :rock

Great work tonight! Kill that thing on Fri!

Thanks Carl!!! I'll be giving it everything I got!

I'm sure you'll be doing that soon too! at the rate your going! keep it up Chad! :rock

I'm sure you'll be doing that soon too! at the rate your going! keep it up Chad! :rock

thanks Paul! I think John should start mass producing the 665lb KOAB's...I would buy hundreds!!!! :)

You'll def. kill it Fri. Chad! Awesome work man! You earned it. I look forward to seeing the cert vid............and to a mystery 665 KOAB showing up on my doorstep! :D

Great job Chad!!! I knew you'd get it done man! Way to join the KOAB list. Even if you didn't cert on it, you bent it fair and square. That's badass man. Those 665s are priceless. I'm pretty sure I had a half dozen or so that I squandered getting strong enough to crush them down.

I had no doubts :)

Awesome Work My friend I had no doughts Great Job!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher:mosher

thanks so much guys!!! :cool

I woke up this morning thinking I was gonna be really sore but I feel great!!! Not sure if I can hold off till friday to try the KOAB again... :D

thanks so much guys!!! :cool

I woke up this morning thinking I was gonna be really sore but I feel great!!! Not sure if I can hold off till friday to try the KOAB again... :D

Do it!

HAHAHA!!! Paul that avatar is awesome!!!! :laugh:tongue

Just check those rubber bands first :whistel

I was just telling Zach that I had never had a rubber band break on me before when I was bending and somehow 2 broke at the same time on the same side...enough to drive a man nuts I tell ya! :dry