Need Help

turbinepro

on the last 1/4 to 1/8 in on the #3 pinky just falls dead need some thoughts on how to make the pinky not the weak link!!! thanks in advance

Matt bell

A few suggestions

1. Work overcrushes, these will strengthen the last bit of your close a lot

2. BFNs!!! And regular Negs, but mainly BFNs, see reason for #1

3. Train your last two fingers with an easy gripper like a Trainer, HG150, #1, HG200 or something like that. Do MMS closes with just your Ring and Pinky fingers

A few suggestions

1. Work overcrushes, these will strengthen the last bit of your close a lot

2. BFNs!!! And regular Negs, but mainly BFNs, see reason for #1

3. Train your last two fingers with an easy gripper like a Trainer, HG150, #1, HG200 or something like that. Do MMS closes with just your Ring and Pinky fingers

Do everything Derek said. Make sure to squeeze the snot out of the gripper during the overcrushes. Imagine that your trying to grind the handles into dust when your crushing the gripper. If your eyes arent popping out of your head, your not doing the overcrushes right

Exactly! I've always tried to envision the non-dogleg handle touching my thumb pad (crushing through the other handle). It was amazing the difference it made in my hand strength just by making such a small mental adjustment to how I approached a close!

Man thats fast!! Ive doing kta and its put me so close to the close. just thought that there might be alittle more for the pinky

Man thats fast!! Ive doing kta and its put me so close to the close. just thought that there might be alittle more for the pinky

How many weeks into KTA are you? I was irritated with myself a little thatI stopped after about 5 weeks, but the program really did make a huge difference for me.

poppy phase 2 wk 2 i've gotten great gains with it! ur not too far from where i live in loganville GA. :rock

Yeah, I noticed that. There are a couple of other metro Atlanta people here on the board as well.

what is bfn?

:blink

Bounce Forced Negative. Essentially you do a Neg, hold it for as long as possible then when it starts to open, force it shut again and do another Neg. Repeat as many times as possible consecutively, most do 3-5 though. WARNING: Not for beginner's, when I was at the 2.5 level and I started doing these it absolutely fried my tendons for a couple of days just to put it in perspective.

Edited by vikingsrule92

what is bfn?

:blink

Bounce Forced Negative. Essentially you do a Neg, hold it for as long as possible then when it starts to open, force it shut again and do another Neg. Repeat as many times as possible consecutively, most do 3-5 though. WARNING: Not for beginner's, when I was at the 2.5 level and I started doing these it absolutely fried my tendons for a couple of days just to put it in perspective.

Oh wow, I do those a lot lol, and yes they do have quite a heavy toll

rpt not sure what that is or how to get one

i think it's the adjustable ring and pinky trainer, like the adjustable Vulcan hand gripper, but imtug sized

i have the same prob ... using one inverted #1 to work the weak link helps, but one thing i noticed since i started bending )(first time was 1 day ago!!) : the DU technique hit the r+p big time!

i will use DU to kill the #3.best of luck.

Edited by ewokhugo