Brutal Hex Goes Down!

matthcarl

I decided to see how my shoulder was doing with a couple of kink tests. First I wrapped up an Edgin, and was pleased to find my shoulder wasn't bothering me on the kink.

I was further happy to note that I had warped the Edgin a good 10 degrees, and not just on the threads like the last time I tried one :laugh

So, I was feeling good and decided to do some isos on my piece of brutal hex that had about 1" worth of kink in it from previous attempts. My kink felt a little weak on Saturday, so I wasn't expecting much, but it moved!

And kept moving. It was a lot longer than 5 minutes even with the initial kink done, and I was back and forth with wraps and various crush pads...but in the end it was under 2".

Here's the result: Hex Damage

I am hopeful of being able to bend one in a single session before the virtual comp is over :cool

Edited by The Writer

That hex is really tough stuff!!! Awesome job Matt! It kind of looks like you bent it on the flat too!!! That's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY harder than if it bent on an edge, I've bent enough of them now to know. Just build up confidence with that stock and you'll be blowing through them in no time!!!

Just so you know, there is very little difference between the Edgin kink and the Brutal hex kink ;) 10 degrees on one is about 10 degrees on the other, at least for the kink anyway.

Thanks guys! Just to clarify, it is not bent on the flat. I think the edgin kink was a warm-up :laugh I did put another 5 degrees of damage in it after I posted this, but I am feeling a little weakened after the prolonged crushing session with the hex.

And I still haven't managed to crush down a shiny :(

Edited by The Writer

Thanks guys! Just to clarify, it is not bent on the flat. I think the edgin kink was a warm-up :laugh I did put another 5 degrees of damage in it after I posted this, but I am feeling a little weakened after the prolonged crushing session with the hex.

The Edgin crush is like a stiff Shiny with a much tougher kink. Finish that shiny off in a decent amount of time and you might have an Edgin in you on a strong day ;)

Maybe if you loaded up on coffee AND HOHO'S before an attempt, you be able to crush it down ;):laugh

Yeah, maybe. Did I mention I'm trying to lose weight? HoHo's aren't going to be helping the cause.

Finish that shiny off in a decent amount of time and you might have an Edgin in you on a strong day

Sure. OK. Once I break 50 seconds in the quarter maybe I'll be getting close to the four minute mile, too :dry

Edited by The Writer

Maybe if you loaded up on coffee AND HOHO'S before an attempt, you be able to crush it down ;):laugh

Yeah, maybe. Did I mention I'm trying to lose weight? HoHo's aren't going to be helping the cause.

Finish that shiny off in a decent amount of time and you might have an Edgin in you on a strong day

Sure. OK. Once I break 50 seconds in the quarter maybe I'll be getting close to the four minute mile, too :dry

Just trust me, it's like a tough shiny on the crush. The kink is what zaps your energy and makes the crush feel so much harder.

That is totally cool :rock Your kink is very strong now. I cannot do much anything on those. Well at least the last time I tried. I suddenly get an urge to go to the basement :)

Great job Matt! Those Brutal Hexes are wicked. They are neck-and-neck with a Shiny on the crushdown.

Great work, Matt...and this crushing session will certainly have you stronger once you recover. I think there's an Edgin in your near future.

Very well done :rock

Nice Bends Matt!!!! You sure are getting stronger :mosher