What Happens When A Wsm Level Athlete Works Pinch

mobsterone

I've mentioned Laurence Shahlaei (look out for him on the 2008 WSM comp at xmas) as holding our gym record for pinch with 111.8-kilos. Well here's the result of 3 weeks consistent pinch training... just 100grams less.

His brother, Loz and I then did 81.7-kilos for time (mine following grippers, Loz and H after legs) with Loz managing 20.53-seconds for a win.

You tube vid:

Note to mods - video is nicey, nicey, sugar and sweetness etc

Pls allow a minute or three for processing.

Thanks for that, Steve.

Confirms just what I've been saying on this forum all along: the real grip talent is in those who aren't gripsters.

-Rex

Edited by The Natural

and the prettiest hair is on those who is bald

Thanks for that, Steve.

Confirms just what I've been saying on this forum all along: the real grip talent is in those who aren't gripsters.

-Rex

Exactly, but gripin' makes us normal people feel important (compared to the rest of society anyhow) :rock

Thanks for that, Steve.

-Rex

That wasn't why it was posted.

Hello,

Great effort - it's just a shame that he can't deadlift to save his life!

Fat Laine

:upsidedwn:laugh

Hello,

Great effort - it's just a shame that he can't deadlift to save his life!

Fat Laine

LOL :D He said he might a) give you a go on the DO axle b) and pull 880 end of this year / early next year.

loz is a bit of a monster, he looks pretty much like a normal guy (only bigger), but he has a lot a power - i fully believe if he can stay injury free, he will deadlift an squat 1000lbs someday, an he wont need suits either

the thing about it is most (if not every single one) of the top strongman were just born strong, loz admits it himself, he does not need to do much of any heavy training to be strong, thats just the way he is naturally - add the fact that he is dedicated an trains very hard an the results are what most consider 'insane'

heres a couple grip feats ive seen him do recently..

- heavy grip tools 78kg inch dumbbell lift with either hand (note this has 2.5" handle an slopes out so you cant really tilt it - it's harder than the orginal inch) - this was done pretty much cold, an without any chalk if i remember correctly

- 53kg baby inch dumbbell snatch >this went up in about half a second

- hard #3 (3.3) close with basically no set (note that he doesn't train grippers)

- 220kg double overhand behind the back hold for 20 seconds on oly bar

- 25kg blob deadlift (i remember the blob50 to be easier than this blob) >he kinda did this with 2 fingers an thumb

- 90kg disk two hand pinch for 4 reps

loz is a bit of a monster, he looks pretty much like a normal guy (only bigger), but he has a lot a power - i fully believe if he can stay injury free, he will deadlift an squat 1000lbs someday, an he wont need suits either

the thing about it is most (if not every single one) of the top strongman were just born strong, loz admits it himself, he does not need to do much of any heavy training to be strong, thats just the way he is naturally - add the fact that he is dedicated an trains very hard an the results are what most consider 'insane'

- heavy grip tools 78kg inch dumbbell lift with either hand (note this has 2.5" handle an slopes out so you cant really tilt it - it's harder than the orginal inch) - this was done pretty much cold, an without any chalk if i remember correctly

- hard #3 (3.3) close with basically no set (note that he doesn't train grippers)

- 25kg blob deadlift (i remember the blob50 to be easier than this blob) >he kinda did this with 2 fingers an thumb

I guess that not too bad for a Table Tennis player - just think how strong Tim Henman or Andy Murray could be if they tried, they would be much stronger than Loz, because they use a bigger bat!!

Also, only boys with girls hands lift blobs.

And I bet he can't eat a fruit pastille without chewing it either.

Fat Laine

Err I can do all of that. But then I DO train grip. For Loz it's more of a 'I'll have a go' kinda thing.

thanks for the words guys, :)

laine i will work on my squating and deadlifting for you :dry , just wish i could press as well as you then id be doing ok.

im 100% sure me and steve will both be above 110kg by xmas. i would like 2 take daves record, but im sure hes improving still

thanks for posting steve

Loz

Do grip guys have the strongest grips in the world – well yes they do thank you – if someone comes from another sport and does a big grip feat – they then are by definition a grip guy automatically and “grip guys” retain their status hehe!

thanks for the words guys, :)

laine i will work on my squating and deadlifting for you :dry , just wish i could press as well as you then id be doing ok.

im 100% sure me and steve will both be above 110kg by xmas. i would like 2 take daves record, but im sure hes improving still

thanks for posting steve

Loz

No sweat mate. As per a chat with Loz this afternoon and in light of my hitting a solid 106.7-kilos yesterday (I was 'on fire' and even tried 111.7-kilos myself straight after... but it was a jump too far) I am very confident of getting 107.5-kilos on November the 8th at our BHSA do and then have it in mind to get 110-kilos before the years out. I will pinch with Loz next Tuesday and am planning on doing a 100-kilos x 20 x 1 session. It'll be the last one before the day.

Err I can do all of that. But then I DO train grip. For Loz it's more of a 'I'll have a go' kinda thing.

Just realized. I only cleaned the baby Inch. Not snatched it. :blush:D

Just realized. I only cleaned the baby Inch. Not snatched it. :blush:D

But you're a monster as well ;)

Thanks for that, Steve.

-Rex

Aint seen any of em do jack shit bending wise.

Rex i also remember on one of your posts/topics you saying your were sick of messing around[referring to bending]what happened after than :tongue

An exception to the rule would be John Beatty :D other than John what other practising strongman has hit Edgins or above.

I dare say, NONE!

Loz, you'll get that record in a matter of months if you keep with it!!!

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

An exception to the rule would be John Beatty :D other than John what other practising strongman has hit Edgins or above.

I dare say, NONE!

Loz, you'll get that record in a matter of months if you keep with it!!!

If you don't mean pro, wouldn't Chad Woodall be on that list? With an incredibly low volume of bending I'd guess from the short conversation we had at the BBB4.

Ben

Rex seems to think that big is the be all and end all and in bending atleast it aint so i could also quote other stuff ive done in the past not a triple plus bodyweight deadlift and a 2 1/2 plus bodyweight squat not worldclass but just shows that you dont have to be a big guy to do it i was under 210lbs bodyweight at the time.

I mean someone that does strongman 1st and grip 2nd.

Not shure but i thought that chad was a grip man 1st meaning he did grip 1st then went over to strongman altho he may well do it the other way around regardless Chad is indeed an ELITE bender hell he Elite/worldclass at most things.

Im not just talking about DO style bending either a mag or insane in all 3 styles is up there how many can do that not just the benders/gripsters but also the strongmen.

Mobster soz about jacking the thread mate :D your acomplishments except for bending :tongue are 2nd to none.

Big Loz thats a serious pinch congrats.

Agreed Gazza!

Congrats to Big Loz! That's a massive pinch. I kind of took over too. I'm little so I can fit right in there sometimes.

Thanks for that, Steve.

-Rex

Aint seen any of em do jack shit bending wise.

Rex i also remember on one of your posts/topics you saying your were sick of messing around[referring to bending]what happened after than :tongue

yea Rex still owes me a mag shiny