Hand Dynamometer

Shaun Hainan

I think I would PM RiotGrip. He is a MD, owns a number of them, and has opinions on them.

I dinked around and eventually purchased a Baseline Hydraulic one. That does not mean it is the best. I have a client who is an Orthopedic Surgeon, and he has always used Jamar.

The things I liked about the Baseline over the Jaymar was the 300lb capability and the big dail.The Jaymar's that I found online only measured up to 200lbs and the dails were small.

I have never used one. How strong would you have to be to need more than 200 pound?

Fairly strong but not that crazy strong. I can only close a Hard #3 and I think I hit 180-190ish on Aaron's Baseline dyno. Wes can hit way into the 250s if I remember right.

WHy do you need a dyno?

Edited by vikingsrule92

I have never used one. How strong would you have to be to need more than 200 pound?

Fairly strong but not that crazy strong. I can only close a Hard #3 and I think I hit 180-190ish on Aaron's Baseline dyno. Wes can hit way into the 250s if I remember right.

WHy do you need a dyno?

No one needs a dyno, its a want for sure!!! :D

Jamar's scale is not enough for grip guys. It is excellent for average people, but you can max out on it with very little specific grip training, so you would be disappointed after a while. I would go with the 300 lbs Baseline.

I'd go with the 300# as well. If you have strong Index and Middle fingers and weak R&P you can max the 200# and still not even be #3 closer