1. 1. What will happen?

• John wins 6-0
    • John, 5-1
    • John, 4-2
    • Michael Todd wins, 6-0
    • Michael Todd wins, 5-1
    • Michael wins 4-2
    • 3-3 tie

John Brzenk and Michael Todd are going to have a supermatch on November 15th at the Texas State Championships. The match will be right handed and will be best out of 6 if I'm not mistaken. There is no weight limit and they are betting $1,100 out of their own pockets on the match. What are you guys' predictions?

I think Brzenk will win 5-1. Michael wouldn't be betting that much $ unless he thought that he could win but I just can't see him beating John. Looking at past opponents that they've both faced, one that comes to mind is Ron Bath. Michael Todd gave him one hell of a fight at the Unified's and Ron in turn gave John a great fight at the ROTN. For the match between John and MT, Michael will probably be a little heavier than he was at Unified's so that makes it seem like he could stand a chance. The other opponent that comes to mind is Marcio Barboza, who Michael just beat 6-0 last month but I've heard it described as the best supermatch ever, whilst John beat Marcio at the ROTN right handed without too much difficulty, which makes it seem like John will beat Michael for sure with some pretty long matches, but no "wars".

Those are just my thoughts though I could be wrong and am interested in hearing what others have to say. My final thoughts though are: John, 5-1, not many foul-outs, and long matches, some wars. I think it will go down similar to how Michael and Ron went at Unified's.

Edited by Josh H

It will be at Christian Tailgate bar downtown Houston. It's about 2 miles from my gym. I will be there prodvide everything the way it will be.

my honest opinion......this is a joke.

Todd is not in the same league.

He wants to portray that he is by being on the table with john, but just because he is foolish enough to try john dosen't mean he has any chance.

I think he ties up Ron because of the angle Ron hits him, and he only ties ron up sometimes.........I have seen Ron SMASH him more than a few times.

I have seen a HEAVY Todd get owned by Zinna,Ron, Travis ( even toying, and letting Todd get his big press in ), marcio ( until recent), I think, harold owens, Bresnan, and Joe Rozbora. All great Armwrestlers, but John's smarts, power, amazing hand control...................I don't think I need to mention endurance, since I don't think with him being above Todd in the first 3 that it will not be any factor.

Didn't they pull at the last ROTN......twice ????? There was no amount of false start explosiveness or a big enough pad to trick or flash his way to a pin, John let him hit and Todd quit when he felt how out matched he was.

Isn't this the same guy who got really worked by Chandler in a hook very recently ? and won with a press , and a hook is Todd's bread and butter.

No offense to anyone mentioned, but nobody seems to say the obvious and wants to safeguard peoples feelings, but I think I have a pretty good idea of where everyone stands and this is my take.

All of the above mentioned are awesome armwrestlers ............some of the best , no doubt about it, I just can't imagine this particular match even being worth having............guess we'll see.

Coming to terms with REALITY on where we all stand is the first step in setting realistic goals and moving foward to hopefully be the best.

A left hand match could be more interesting (more close), I think.

It may be interesting to compare the coming matches with the matches Todd ./. Voevoda. Will John win as easy as Voevoda did?

another thing is, Though Todd beat Marcio, I don't think he is as dangerous overall as Marcio is.

The whole style match up might be bad for Marcio, but he is a more versatile AWer.

M. Todd has never got past the hand/ wrist issues........while Marcio's is iron.

Everyone knows his vulnerability which leaves him limited. Sure he can press and flop..............but, all it will take is people figuring the right angle to push in while he is flopped and you will see him lose alot more.

Jerry Cadorette is probabally the most powerful at the press or flop and if he gets pushed ( something Travis did not do) in the right angle he will get pinned too............provided you have him offensively, he is hard to touch if he guns it and you are on the defensive with him driving........he is a big ol STRONG boy, but he has his vulnerabilities.

Point is that without a strong hand and wrist you are very limited,and leave control to your opponent, and while you will create upsets and beat high level pullers......you won't stay on top too long before you get toppled.

Florian.........you read my mind.

Monkeypaws,

Your learning........I am impressed.

For everyone else he is dead on right. If John wants this to be a 6-0 crush, it will be. If he wants to test his endurance than he will. This match is unpredictable as John will do what it takes to make it interesting.

Monkeypaws,

Your learning........I am impressed.

For everyone else he is dead on right. If John wants this to be a 6-0 crush, it will be. If he wants to test his endurance than he will. This match is unpredictable as John will do what it takes to make it interesting.

I may act like a nit wit,...........but I pay attention :D

Wow thanks for the input! When did Chris Chandler work Michael Todd in a hook though?

Edited by Josh H

I wanna say OK state....its on armtv.............within 2-3 months though.

The other opponent that comes to mind is Marcio Barboza, who Michael just beat 6-0 last month but I've heard it described as the best supermatch ever

If you mean at Armwars the result was 4-2 to Michael Todd. Apparently later on there was a free for all type competition in the evening where everyone was tired and where Brzenk beat Todd, but I may be wrong.

I'd also guess at 5-1 or 6-0 to Brzenk. In the matches against Marcio, Michael really relied on flopping his wrist back, then waiting it out, which I wouldn't think will work with John.

I wanna say OK state....its on armtv.............within 2-3 months though.

Ok, thanks! I'll look for it... sometime. :D

Edited by Josh H

I predict John 6-0.

A better Super Match would be Todd and Keating IMO.

I'll be there to see whatever happens.

Mighty Joe

I think I am smelling a future matchup of RVJ against Todd...

And I smell a comeback from RVJ to grip contests and a supermatch with Wade... bahh, we all can dream, can't we? :D

What about Michael and John left handed? I think that could go either way. Probably John though after his performance at ROTN, but close.

I'm with Arturo; I wanna see the RVJ vs. Chad W Grip Supermatch :rock

Actually I think Arturo said RVJ against me, not Chad.

I dont think John will be super dominant over him. In another class imo, i wanted to say devon was gonna do well against john even beat him but i didnt...what ever happens JB has been the man for years...imagine if he was a natural heavy weight :blink

I'm with Arturo; I wanna see the RVJ vs. Chad W Grip Supermatch :rock

Actually I think Arturo said RVJ against me, not Chad.

Yeah I know, I was agreeing with the idea of RVJ getting back into grip comps. He was the top American when he went out and Chad is easily the top guy now so that's a match I'd like to see. It would be great to see you compete as well but it doesn't seem like you're into the Grip Comps.