Disappointed

Grippster

Earlier this week, I picked up my BC300 and did 4 reps with it. The first close almost felt easy, to the point where I was almost taken back by it. I was so close to a 5th rep. Today, I picked it up and couldn't even do one. I just couldn't make the bugger close. Plus, all the other grippers felt hard. Even the 200. Now there's a couple of things going on here. First of all, I was not warmed up, and second the room was maybe a little cold. I'm hoping that I've just overtrained and my hands need a rest. I figure I'll give it 2 days and then warmup next time. You guys have this too, right? I was pretty disappointed.

Do you think 2 days is a good rest time? I know 1 day doesn't work... you just feel weaker if you come back after a day. At the same time, I don't want to go too long without doing it.

Do you think 2 days is a good rest time? I know 1 day doesn't work... you just feel weaker if you come back after a day. At the same time, I don't want to go too long without doing it.

Well im no grip expert, maybe they can tell you better advice. But for me sometimes if i feel over trained i go up to a week without touching grippers. I always come back as strong or alot stronger. You got to experiment with it though, to find out how much time you need in between workouts, it will vary for everyone. Its hard to not touch your grippers on your "rest days" :D

Edit: "At the same time, i dont want to go to long without doing it". i used to be worried about that too, but you have to remember grip training as well as any other type lifting is only part of it you have to give yourself adequate rest time, good food or you wont progress.

Edited by adam baghbanbashi

I had a truly shameful day at twigs a while back, wasn't even nailing 3's then on wednesday I managed to shut a super master no set, an RB300 set, and all but one of his 3's. Off days frustrate the balls off of me but hey just need ignoring and riding out.

Today is my first rest day. Forearms feeling a little less fatigued. Just because I overworked them I'll try a 3 day rest. I don't think I could go longer cause the addiction to grippers is too powerful :D My BC400 isn't actually quite as easy as I thought. I figured it had seasoned down the difficulty of the 300, but I'd say it's still a little harder, maybe somewhere between an HG350 and my 300, so I'm going to start using it for negatives to get the muscles used to higher loads. It sort of feels like I'm reaching a plateau. It's taking a while now to make progress on grippers, unlike when I first started and I was doubling my reps with the 200 in like 2 weeks.

I find it takes me a few days to recover completely. If I cannot duplicate my max lifts, it just means I need to rest.