What has worked best for you?

ruffhans

everyone seems to respond different to different traing routines.  i will state what routine has worked for me.

so far a lite warmup folowed by an all out,everything i got sqeeze/hold for 4-5 secounds for 3-4 reps two-three times a week has been the best for me.

what has helped you the most on the #3?

Negatives on the #4 & not always use'n the grippers.If you keep doing the same thing over & over you will get stale.Heres what I think " Keep it fresh & you will progress".

Warming up with a few reps on the #1 & 2, then an all out squeeze and hold with the #3 for one rep, followed by the same on the #4. This is done daily 1 to 3 times. High reps has not worked for me. If I appear to be  going backwards , I take off several days from the grippers. I prefer to over train a little than not do enough.

Ditto to what Oldguy said.  I dont overtrain w/the grippers, its all the other grip lifting I do.  I suspect in a year or so I'll finally figure out what works best for me.  So far the daily work seems best.

So far strap holds have been the biggest help. I recently switched to 2x a week holds and am now consistently within 1/8 of closing my #3.

Mix of heavy BBM strap holds and #4 negatives. BTW, I closed the #3 again last evening. If only I could get consistent.  :crazy

Make sure you use your 3 enough now Tou.

I've only been training for less then a year, inconsistantly too.  Though my biggest gains appeared to be when I wasn't consistant.  When I first closed the #2 with my left hand, it was the first attempt in atleast a month.

What are strap holds?  How about over crushes?

-"D"

Do a search for Strapholds and overcrushes on the board.  There is tons of info in the previous posts.

-HH

Severe negatives on a grip machine (the SW).