Paul 'Viper' Savage

Paul Wood

David Horne

Events

Laine wants to have a crack at the double over hand thick bar deadlift

I want a 107.5-kilo 2HP

I think some want to shut some big grippers

Food

Angel Chef 'all you can eat' Chinese buffet.

You coming? ;)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobsterone

• twig

• Stew

• LAINE SNOOK

Come on chaps, let's see some good support for this event. For those who have never competed before it will be a good chance to have a go at a few events in an informal atmosphere. I've been to a few comps and nobody is bothered what you can or can't lift / crush, they just want to see you do well for yourself and enjoy it.

There'll also be three current or former world record holders there in David, Steve and Laine who you can see in action and perhaps pick up some valuable training tips.

Plus an all you can eat buffet is a challenge I'm sure some of you will excel at ;)

Steve, will Laine have access to the Iron Mind Appolon's Axle for his attempt?

Nope. We don't have one. We have a shorter 2" thick solid bar. The day is rather informal so if Laine wishes to give the axle a miss it'll be something else. I don't know if he owns an AA. If so, and he wants a crack, he's welcome to bring it.

Edited by mobsterone

Nope. We don't have one. We have a shorter 2" thick solid bar. The day is rather informal so if Laine wishes to give the axle a miss it'll be something else. I don't know if he owns an AA. If so, and he wants a crack, he's welcome to bring it.

Steve,

I've got an Ironmind A/A - I can bring it if you want - also, do you want me to bring some Ivanko calibrated plates?

Let me know,

Laine

Bring the bar pls Laine. We used your plates before to calibrate our scales. We could, I suppose, recheck them so bring one of each. Thanks.

BHSA annual get-together

Date

Saturday Nov 8th

Names

Laine Snook

Stewart 'Stew' Killick

Steve 'Mobster' G

Paul 'Viper' Savage

Paul Wood

David Horne

Fred Coombes

Events

Laine wants to have a crack at the double over hand thick bar deadlift

I want a 107.5-kilo 2HP

I think some want to shut some big grippers

Food

Angel Chef 'all you can eat' Chinese buffet.

You coming? ;)

Note to self. Check numbers midweek and ring buffet.

Next batch just for thee. Although they are meant to be tight. I say that: it'll be annoying if I can't get one on as well ha ha.

I'd like to do:

100kg pinch @ 65mm width

But we will do 10 deluxe packages of £17.50 which includes a sleeveless T (inc P&P to UK mainland).

sounds good can i pay this next week (on sat)?

Edited by CoC#3

Cool. Save an XXL t shirt for me aswell. :)

I mentioned to Paul earlier when he text me about this event that i have work Friday and Saturday night which means i may not arrive until 11ish (later if trains are delayed etc...) and will have to leave mid-late afternoon so cannot stay for the dinner.

No change there then ha ha

I also need everyone that's coming on Saturday to let me know the total numbers. Who is coming to the meal after etc etc. I want to ring them Wednesday and see if I can get an area set aside.

No change there then ha ha

I also need everyone that's coming on Saturday to let me know the total numbers. Who is coming to the meal after etc etc. I want to ring them Wednesday and see if I can get an area set aside.

Hello Steve,

Laine + Donna for the meal.

Laine

I've asked Laine if, subject to him being able to load/carry it, he'd bring his 278lbs globe style dumbbell. I fancy a crack at the beast.