Is Allowed To Perform Multiple Reps?

ewokhugo

i am curious to know if its allowed to perform more than one rep to become mashmoster level 1 and so on.

I remember Luke doing 2 reps with his #3 to get the m0 cert.

That will have been on his own gripper. I think the rules say you cannot do reps, as opposed to one of the three attempts you're allowed. I also got told off for putting up a video of me repping the MM1 on youtube.

Yes, multiple reps are allowed. Mob, not sure why you got in trouble for posting the vid. Here it is from the rules:

3. The gripping hand or arm cannot be touched in any way after the set of the gripper. No holding of the gripper spring after the close is started. ONLY 3 attempts are allowed and must ALL be performed within 15 minutes of the first attempt. It is considered an attempt when the gripper is set and an attempt to close is made. If the hand does not come off the gripper and the other hand is not used to reset the gripper it only counts as one attempt. If the candidate is strong enough to rep it, more power to them! However, "screwing around" with the cert gripper outside of the normal 3 attempts will invalidate the certification.

I think Wes did something like 6 or 7 reps with the MM1. Jad also has a video in his profile of repping the MM1.

Yes, multiple reps are allowed. Mob, not sure why you got in trouble for posting the vid. Here it is from the rules:
3. The gripping hand or arm cannot be touched in any way after the set of the gripper. No holding of the gripper spring after the close is started. ONLY 3 attempts are allowed and must ALL be performed within 15 minutes of the first attempt. It is considered an attempt when the gripper is set and an attempt to close is made. If the hand does not come off the gripper and the other hand is not used to reset the gripper it only counts as one attempt. If the candidate is strong enough to rep it, more power to them! However, "screwing around" with the cert gripper outside of the normal 3 attempts will invalidate the certification.

I think Wes did something like 6 or 7 reps with the MM1. Jad also has a video in his profile of repping the MM1.

I think this may have had something to do with the ticking off! ;)

Ben repped the MM2 for a couple reps as well.

I think a few reps won't hurt, but it certainly won't help in any way. I think it's better to play it safe.

I think this may have had something to do with the ticking off! ;)

And a lot more ha ha (posting the video early etc etc).

Sam and Steve are in good condition to do a bunch of reps!

Mike aka "Autolupus" should be a Lawyer, he's always impecable ("making things work perfect").

I believe it's pretty clear that, during the cert attempt, if you can rep the gripper you are more than welcome.

However, you shouldn't perform a strap hold, calibrate the gripper, let the witness have a go, etc. I'm just spit-balling those examples, but I think it's pretty clear what is meant by screwing around. Right?

Yeah, reps are fine, as long as it's during one of the three attempts. I doubled the MM2 on one of those attempts. Possibly my last attempt, but I don't remember now.

Your best bet. Do the attempts and leave it at that.

Ever see Dave Morton "do a couple reps" on his cert videos? If my memory serves me right, no.

And, look where he sits on the pyramid. ;)

Mobster you should have grinded the shit outa it till there was no knurling left :D

Only kidding Bill :D

I think a good overcrush shows that the said gripper has been dominated.

Your best bet. Do the attempts and leave it at that.

Ever see Dave Morton "do a couple reps" on his cert videos? If my memory serves me right, no.

And, look where he sits on the pyramid. ;)

Dave did a double with the MM4 ;). But I agree with Bill. 3 closes and that should be it for the cert attempts

After my wrist slapping I agree.