Closing The #3

andyfreeland

Hello all, I have been dedicated to my gripper workouts for three months now. Today I closed the 2.5 (ccc) and i'm curious as to how long it's taken some of you big gripper closers to get the #3 (mms)??

I haven't closed the #2 yet but it is a big jump from 2-3 even 2.5 to 3 so my guess is at least 6 months. Still thats a good close on the 2.5

Actually now that I think about it, let me be more specific:

1. How long did it take to close the #3 mms from the time you started training with grippers?

2. How many workouts with the grippers per week? (# of workouts per week and about how long you train per session)

My goal is to have the #3 closed by 05/09...whatcha think?

Thanks

1. How long did it take to close the #3 mms from the time you started training with grippers?

2. How many workouts with the grippers per week? (# of workouts per week and about how long you train per session)

Thanks

1. An average #3, about 16 months. Easy #3, 9 months

2. I think nearly everyone will say there training varied greatly throughout. I've usually done about 3 grip workouts per week, with grippers not necessarily appearing in all but sometimes that is so.

Edited by vikingsrule92

Thanks Mountainman, Frank and Derek.

Derek, there is that big of a difference in an easy #3 and an average #3?

Frank, your grip strength is amazing for your age...i'll be keeping an eye on your progress ;)

Frank, your grip strength is amazing for your age...i'll be keeping an eye on your progress ;)

No, I just took a long time off of grippers. 3-4 months layoff I think doing other assorted grip stuff.

i no set closed mine 2 weeks after recieving it. then about 2 months after i was able to tns.

i don't know where i'm at now since i have pain in the tendons in my index and middle finger on my left hand. i train only 2 finger closes with index and middle and ring and pinky with the #1 and #2.

Edited by Pancake Sprawl

i no set closed mine 2 weeks after recieving it. then about 2 months after i was able to tns.

i don't know where i'm at now since i have pain in the tendons in my index and middle finger on my left hand. i train only 2 finger closes with index and middle and ring and pinky with the #1 and #2.

For those of us who aren't freaky strong Hawians...

Figure on a year if you train for it. I trained for it, had it in about a year. I've been taking hard and medium #3's to 3/16 since then :laugh

There can be, I think. It depends on the person. I've tried #3s that I would "rate" as easy as 2.5 and some has hard as 3.2. In my case, it took me about 12 months to close an "easy" #3 and about 21 months to close an "average" #3. Then my gains dried up. I've been stuck at that PR for 7 months now despite my best efforts in the past 7 months. I am on the verge of a new PR, but who knows when it will come :D I've been missing my goal gripper by the thickness of paper for WEEKS :whacked.

Thanks for the replies, it seems that my goal of 05/09 is possible.... I will have a video posted by then ;)

Whats the record on how quick someone closed a #3? I think mark felix must be up there doing it in 1 week of training!

I witnessed Josh Bigger close my #3, never having seen a gripper before. Farm work got him sausage fingers and forearm muscles I had never seen before!

Whats the record on how quick someone closed a #3? I think mark felix must be up there doing it in 1 week of training!

i think Morton closed his 5 days after recieving his. i read in his interview on bb.com

Thanks

1) Two weeks

2) 0

Throw your grippers away unless you plan to do comps. If you do, then train them out of necessity.

-Rex

1) Two weeks

2) 0

Throw your grippers away unless you plan to do comps. If you do, then train them out of necessity.

-Rex

...or certify :D