Chair-lift

David_wigren

I think most of us have heard/read or perhaps even seen the oldtime feat of strength where you lift a chair by the leg whilst a woman is sitting on the chair. This would be one of the cooler wrist/arm/balance show of strength that I could think of. I've been googeling around but can't find any names, pics or info on about the lift. Found some cartoon pics but that's it. If anyone knows more about this lift I would be very thankful for any info.

Anyway, to make this topic a little more interesting I made a youtube video of a chair lift. A pretty good 35kg lift and a miserable attempt at 40kg.

Ofcourse I'm working towards being able to perform the feat myself. And I've been doing theese for a couple of weeks.

Perhaps not the smartest idea to do them in my small kitchen.

You get to use two hands?? :D My mother-in-law has some massive, hardwood chairs in her dining room and I've never been able to pick one up from the floor, using one hand, heel of hand flush with carpet; without the thing tipping. Doing it with a woman sitting on it seems unfathomable.

You get to use two hands?? :D My mother-in-law has some massive, hardwood chairs in her dining room and I've never been able to pick one up from the floor, using one hand, heel of hand flush with carpet; without the thing tipping. Doing it with a woman sitting on it seems unfathomable.

ooh, I know thoose type of chairs. A year ago I tried to lever one of thoose chairs. I'll be darned if it didn't feel as heavy or even heavier than my 5kg sledge.

Tipping it would be the way to do it. at least when you pick it up. But I think that doing it without tipping wouldn't be the massive differance as it would seem. If a person is sitting on that chair then the center of the weight would be close to the back of the chair. A small tipp would be sufficient for the weight to be straight over your hand.

That looks pretty awkward. I was waiting for weights to go crashing all over the place :laugh I thought you were supposed to lift the chair by the front leg to make it even more difficult.

I'd think you're supposed to use two hands if you think of lifting a woman :) Think about just curling 50kg or so with one hand... Nice work anyways :)

sorry to say, but thats crap. pick it up from the front. doubt if you can even pick it up with a five or ten pound weight on the chair. pick it up with one hand. not two. dont remember the old timers doing it the way your doing it.

That looks pretty awkward. I was waiting for weights to go crashing all over the place :laugh I thought you were supposed to lift the chair by the front leg to make it even more difficult.

I was waiting for the weights to crash down too :laugh Lifting it by the front leg would make it harder, a lot harder. And not possible in the matter that I lift it (by tilting it and also the weights strapped to the back) the weights would then defenatly come crashing down.

Guess I'll have to seriously lower the weights to keep the chair flat and parallell to the floor to better balance the weights.

I'd think you're supposed to use two hands if you think of lifting a woman Think about just curling 50kg or so with one hand... Nice work anyways

Curling a 50kg woman with one arm wouldn't be that difficult. Curling a 50kg woman on a chair, ok I see how that would be hard.

sorry to say, but thats crap. pick it up from the front. doubt if you can even pick it up with a five or ten pound weight on the chair. pick it up with one hand. not two. dont remember the old timers doing it the way your doing it.

Hmm. I've not tried it that way yet, but my initial thoughts say that 5-10lbs should be doable, in that way you described... I've never seen the lift performed. Just heard about it and saw some animated pictures of it.

Hahaha, I guess at least some of the oldtimers lifted it by the back with a tilt. I've already have the juggeling down. So I'm half way there :rock

If you can manage 35k I think it's time to start using children.

brent

I'll ask my neighbourgs if they'll let me borrow theirs for a moment :laugh

Curling a 50kg woman with one arm wouldn't be that difficult.

Speak for yourself :blink

Curling a 50kg woman with one arm wouldn't be that difficult.

Speak for yourself :blink

Especially difficult if they are kicking and biting when you try to pick them up. :D

I think most of us have heard/read or perhaps even seen the oldtime feat of strength where you lift a chair by the leg whilst a woman is sitting on the chair. This would be one of the cooler wrist/arm/balance show of strength that I could think of. I've been googeling around but can't find any names, pics or info on about the lift. Found some cartoon pics but that's it. If anyone knows more about this lift I would be very thankful for any info.

Anyway, to make this topic a little more interesting I made a youtube video of a chair lift. A pretty good 35kg lift and a miserable attempt at 40kg.

Ofcourse I'm working towards being able to perform the feat myself. And I've been doing theese for a couple of weeks.

Perhaps not the smartest idea to do them in my small kitchen.

David i just watched this on SttB, Bro you need to GO OUTSIDE! your gonna wreck that house messing with it. great stuff!