The Lloyd #4 Challenge.

lloyd80s

As you may have read, I'm using only the #4 at the moment in training with ultimate gains as my quest. I'd like to see how others fair on this gripper and would like to put a "challenge" out to all of you grip guys.....here's the idea-

I'm going to visualy customize my #4 to make it easy to spot in a video, I'd then ask everyone interested in a bit of friendly competition to have a go on my #4 and see how you do. It'd give a good indication on the gripboard as to who was the best on my gripper and also be fun seeing as we could potentialy see my #4 sent around the world as people tried it.

The rules would be that I'd send the gripper to the first person that wanted to try it, they'd video their best tns, and mms attempts and post them on youtube and then they'd send the gripper onto the next person in the line up.

It'd be good as people could calibrate the gripper, and after everyone had tried it we'd really have a good little league going on the Lloyd #4 gripper.

The person that end up on the top of the league will get a fantastic prize............the #4!! :rock

If anyone fancies this the please reply or send me a PM, the more people that do it the better and if you think you're not ready then still give it a go because you can see how you fair against the other guys at your level.

i don't want to sound hasty, but i think Steve Gardner is definitely going to win this lol

He's got a good chance but so have many others.

A great idea!! but the #4 is still a brick for me, I would be ashamed to show myself trying the #4...

Everybody who can close a #3 should join!

This wil be very cool to watch these videos! and this gripper will be a legend being in a lot of countries allover the world!

COOL COOL COOL IDEA!!! :rock

Seems kind of pointless to me honestly, no offense. I mean most of us have a #4, if wanted to show are pathetic attempt at it could but I don't see the point in doing that. Only a few people on this site have closed a 3.5 and are the only ones that would have a decent attempt at it with a set. Also paying for shipping will be costly.

Seems kind of pointless to me honestly, no offense. I mean most of us have a #4, if wanted to show are pathetic attempt at it could but I don't see the point in doing that. Only a few people on this site have closed a 3.5 and are the only ones that would have a decent attempt at it with a set. Also paying for shipping will be costly.

The idea is to see how EVERYBODY would do on the same #4 gripper. If your attempt is pathetic don't worry, lots of others will also be pathetic!

The idea of this is for fun and a bit of friendly competition......also for some people the idea of a winning a gripper would be nice.

thought u were spending months training with that gripper?

Well I've got 6 weeks left on it and I'm sure it will take me longer than that to build up a list of people that want to do this and then start sending the gripper out.

I take it you're not interested then?

im not really going to put a dent in it, with only being able to close the sm, probably couldnt even set it for an mms attempt. plus i dont have a video camera, so im out, not saying its a bad idea, just only a few people who could put in a worthwhile effort

I'd be up for trying it... Later....

You know, when I can do a little more than set it in my hand and squeeze till my eyeballs pop. I think it's a cool idea though. Giving someone a chance to win a gripper that has been man-handled by a bunch of people on the board from all different countries. Another cool idea would be to have everyone take their picture holding the gripper, and then the winner gets a collage with all the pictures and the gripper can become sort of a display piece.

I'd be up for trying it... Later....

You know, when I can do a little more than set it in my hand and squeeze till my eyeballs pop. I think it's a cool idea though. Giving someone a chance to win a gripper that has been man-handled by a bunch of people on the board from all different countries. Another cool idea would be to have everyone take their picture holding the gripper, and then the winner gets a collage with all the pictures and the gripper can become sort of a display piece.

Yep, nice idea, if people want to do that I think it'd be nice.

this is not only one competition but also a "donation". Good work Lloyd!

Not sure if the big guys from the USA are going to try this ...

Well I hope my mate Hugo has a go!

To be honest Hugo, I want at least 20 people signed up for this to make it worthwhile. It'd be good if we could get all the big guys on it :rock

Well so far it's just me and Sam.....come on guys we need more of you!! :cool

i wish i could sign but i am concentrate to break the 3.1 barrier ... your #4 its to much at the moment:-) sorry.

i wish i could sign but i am concentrate to break the 3.1 barrier ... your #4 its to much at the moment:-) sorry.

Come on, give it a go. Your not expected to close it, just do your best!

Hope Sam close it :rock

if not i am sure he can do it using one deep set!

i only see this challenge fun for guys capable to close one Elite or higher.

Edited by ewokhugo

Interesting idea, I'll give it a go (maybe move the handles a little). Here's an idea to maybe get more people interested. Instead of giving it to the person who does the best, make it a raffle for all those who have participated.

That's a good suggestion. That way everyone stands an even chance of getting a #4 for less than the retail price so there's some incentive for doing it.

Unless I can get more people that want to do this then it's going to be a non-starter. Don't any of you #3 plus closers want to give this a shot?

Come on fellas!