Where Should I Go From Here?

ihvpcinhm

Hi all,

I joined this board about a year+ ago. I enjoy training grip, but I jumped into it too quickly. Coming from a background of stacking feed bags for a living during that time, I had already naturally worked my grip. I was able to rip phone books, bend some small steel, and make it through a deck of cards. I also closed the CoC#2 with 1 hand. I had trained for a couple months, when I tried to bend a wrench. I must of brusied the bone between the first 2 knuckles on my right index finger. It was 'injured' for about 8 months. My finger is now healed and I just had a workout tonight which looked like this.

Warm up bend of an eavestrogh nail.

Bend of 3/16" round steel.

Attempted bend of 1/4" steel which I did not bend, just barely bent. (Wanted to see where my strength level was.)

Sledge levers to the front and rear, as recommended by Diesel Crew's free article.

Sledge levers overhead with choked up handle.

Sledge twists.

(A couple sets of each.)

2 - 10lb plate pinch deadlifts 10 reps per hand x 2 sets each hand.

(My grippers are at work, but if I had them I would have put them between the levers and the pinches.

I realized my foolishness from last year. I kept going on that wrench for like 5 minutes. This time I want to take it real slow. I'd like to stick with 3/16" steel until my form is perfect.

What do you guys think is the best course of action for workout now.

My goals are to make it through the Iron Mind nails, and close the CoC#3. (And bend a wrench).

By the way - is it possible to do a legitamate Yellow Pages tear?

God bless,

Darryl.

Just keep doin what you're doin bro. Bend the 3/16 stuff en mass to toughen up your palms and better protect the bones (and eventually toughen them up a bit, as well). Also keep hittin the 1/4 till its dead, then work that like the 3/16.

And what do you mean by a "legitimate" yellow pages tear?

By the way - is it possible to do a legitamate Yellow Pages tear?

yes its all about proper technique.

Gabriel Sum can kill 2 yellow pages at once without any specific training.

Hello again,

Thanks for the info.

In regards to the Yellow Pages I mean tearing it without popping it.

Also should I keep trying the 1/4" x 7" bar even though I can't bend it. Should I work up to it, or should I go after it right after a warm up?

How often should I do this workout per week? (What really is hand recovery time?)

Thanks,

Darryl.

I like hitting bars 1 step above my max every workout, and pushing it a little further each time. Some guys on here speak highly of volume work, taking a bar that's relatively easy for you and bending them till you can't anymore (or you run out). I haven't tried this yet, though, so I can't vouch for or against it.

I currently bend twice a week, and feel really good each workout. I'd like to bump it up to 3 times a week but can't find the time, as I work in retail and Christmas is fast approaching. Recovery time is different for everyone, though. Take Gazza, he bent something like I think 36 days in a row. (Don't quote me on that, but I'm pretty sure that's right) You'll know when you feel good enough to bend again after a workout. If you're feeling strong and have some free time, go at it.