Grip Tip(october)

naturalstrength

Thanks guys. Just a quick note, make sure to use TWO nuts on each leg of the U-bolt to prevent the handle nearest to the threads of the bolt from moving. This is a very important step to perform as this will act as the "pivot" of the device, otherwise BOTH handles will move and you will not achieve the desired results. Also, you are liable to pinch the skin on your hands (ouch!) :blink

If anyone is interested on the exact details of building the device properly, let me know and I will post a step-by-step video. Give the device a shot, I really believe it will help your pinch grip enormously, plus it only costs about $5 bucks or so to build. ;)

Good Luck!

-Carl

Edited by naturalstrength

Great idea, Carl! :rock

I was thinking with a fully threaded u-bolt you could adjust the width by placing nuts above the top handle. This would of course increase the difficulty as you decreased the distance between the handles.

I was thinking with a fully threaded u-bolt you could adjust the width by placing nuts above the top handle. This would of course increase the difficulty as you decreased the distance between the handles.

Eric, that would be a good idea to use the fully threaded U-bolt to increase difficulty. The reason I don't recommend it is because the fully threaded U-bolt will not allow for a "smooth" range of Motion(ROM) due to the threads preventing the handle from smooth movement during compression/expansion of the springs. If you have a way to prevent this, please let me know. Thanks again Eric :D

Edited by naturalstrength

Eric, that would be a good idea to use the fully threaded U-bolt to increase difficulty. The reason I don't recommend it is because the fully threaded U-bolt will not allow for a "smooth" range of Motion(ROM) due to the threads preventing the handle from smooth movement during compression/expansion of the springs. If you have a way to prevent this, please let me know. Thanks again Eric :D

Oh, that's right. Good point.

What about a couple pieces of large diameter metal fuel or brake line? You could use it as a sleeve between the handles. It's cheap, and you could get a few uses out of a piece. :D

Edited by Foxman

What about a couple pieces of large diameter metal fuel or brake line? You could use it as a sleeve between the handles. It's cheap, and you could get a few uses out of a piece. :D

That's a great idea Jeremiah :rock I will try to tweak my "prototype" and see if it works. Congratulations on your recent PR by the way :rock:rock:rock

Thanks Carl! I hope the sleeve thing works! :cool