3 Inch Spread Early Gr8 Spring #3. Pretty Normal Or On The Hard Side?

Captain Crunk

I was just curious on how much the spread would effect the close of the gripper. Its my only IM thats winder than 2.75 inches. I also have an older BB SM with a 3inch spread that I got from BenCrush a few years ago, it seems that most of the tetting grippers are supposed to be in the 2.75 range also. Might this be a pretty hard SM?

I was just curious on how much the spread would effect the close of the gripper. Its my only IM thats winder than 2.75 inches. I also have an older BB SM with a 3inch spread that I got from BenCrush a few years ago, it seems that most of the tetting grippers are supposed to be in the 2.75 range also. Might this be a pretty hard SM?

I own an early model GR8 #3 with a 3 1/4": The sweep is the main killer on this thing.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=7706

I have a new #3 (got it at the beginning of this year from IM) that has a 3" spread. It is tough for me to set, but I don't think it's exceptionally hard compared to others.

I definitely remember that SM, great gripper! By the way, if you ever want to sell it back to me just let me know. I need another stout warmup gripper and it's one of the best. I never calibrated it since I didn't have the calibration equipment. But I'd guess it's around 130-135lbs. Because of how wide it is it'll feel a bit harder than the calibration numbers suggest though, at least compared to a 130-135lbs gripper with a spread of 2.75" for example.

Have you closed the SM?

I bought two #3's this year from Ironmind and they both have the same 3" spread. I think it is designed to be that wide.

I definitely remember that SM, great gripper! By the way, if you ever want to sell it back to me just let me know. I need another stout warmup gripper and it's one of the best. I never calibrated it since I didn't have the calibration equipment. But I'd guess it's around 130-135lbs. Because of how wide it is it'll feel a bit harder than the calibration numbers suggest though, at least compared to a 130-135lbs gripper with a spread of 2.75" for example.

Have you closed the SM?

yeah, its a good gripper. one of my favs for sure. I can close it pretty well. MM no prob, CC set for a few reps and I can get a few braced closes. still a tiny bit short of a tns though.

Have you closed the SM?

yeah, its a good gripper. one of my favs for sure. I can close it pretty well. MM no prob, CC set for a few reps and I can get a few braced closes. still a tiny bit short of a tns though.

Good job then. TNS on that is a pretty solid close. That gripper helped vault me much closer to the #3 TNS.