Mgc Info Flyer, Contest List

Bob Lipinski

MGC info site is up, beware that some stuff is tentative. I think I have the date locked up.

Also, finished some updates on the US Handstregth site. 3 upcoming comps listed and 2 more that I will get up eventually. Should have all the contest results posted.

Only thing I need to do is work on bending records and gripper stuff from BBB. Between GGC, BBB, and Aaron's comp I think there might have been some record changes, I might be pm'ing those who know better than me.

Edited by Bob Lipinski

Bob,

What kind of york hubs is the lifting going to be on? the wide shallow ones or the thinner deeper ones? Certainly not the sloped ones?

Brent

I will take pictures when we get down there. Most likely they will be the same exact type we lifted in the medley. Fresh and not running all around might make them a tad easier :). There will be something lighter/easier in case you can't get the plate.

After GGC Brendan wanted to lift Jedd's Yorks. I went on and on about how hard they were and no way would he lift them. He did. The I got one right handed. after that I checked mine out at home. they're a lot slopier than Jedd's. I'll bring them and see if anyone can lift them. they are beasts.

brent

Most likely with my platemate magnetic weights first, then just plates, adding them on top.

• 1 month later...

Looks like a fun contest. Now that I just got back into grip I think I will be training for this one. Larkins gym is about the coolest place for grip guys too. This time I will be sure to come alone so I can spend some fun time there after! Last time my dad went with me and was not feeling good so we had to leave right after the contest was over.

It'll be good to have you Jeff!

Will the 2" V-bar have to be controlled on the way down?

how far will the hub lift be? Is it to full deadlift, a certain height, putting it on a platform, etc.?

Thanks

Since I am using actual weight plates, the hub will be to 16 inches, touch the ruler like the pinch. If you can't lift the plate hub, I will use an IM or similar hub to full deadlift.

Since I am using actual weight plates, the hub will be to 16 inches, touch the ruler like the pinch. If you can't lift the plate hub, I will use an IM or similar hub to full deadlift.

Great idea Bob! I was curious too because lifting it to "full" deadlift is kind of a guessing game.

• 2 weeks later...

when we load extra weight on the hub, do we get to place where they will be or is it a set place.

Trying out the hub challenge here I found that when I positioned the extra weight near the fingertips I could do a total of 60.5 lbs, but if I put a 5 lb plate back near the thumb that was about it.

I plan on spreading the weight evenly around the hand. I have 1.25 pound plates, and might get some even lighter ones.