Do Reverse Forearm Curls Work Extensors?

Guest indi

The finger extensors? Not very well, if your fingers are wrapped around a dumbbell or barbell.

However, reverse forearm curls, I feel, are great for injury prevention and keeping balance throughout the lower arm.

I make sure to do reverse curls with an e-z curl bar in at least one wrokout a week to prevent problems like epicondylitis, an inflammation of the musculature near the elbow.

Use a straight axle for the reverse curls and it'll hit them better than a normal bar. I don't think you'll see a noticeable improvement in any extensor lift but balance, as Jedd pointed out, is not a bad thing.

yes

Yes, but it's in a mainly isometric position. You can easily transition from reverse curls to reverse wrist curls to get more engagement of the wrist extensors.

The strongest extensor of the wrist is also the strongest extensor of the fingers.

The strongest extensor of the wrist is also the strongest extensor of the fingers.

You mean to say that this musle extens both wrists and fingers?

You mean to say that this musle extens both wrists and fingers?

Simply put, yes. Many muscles of the forearms have two or more functions.

Many muscles of the forearms have two or more functions.

In this case, the Extensor digitorum.

I wonder if it is counterproductive to do thick-bar reverse wristroller work. If I understand properly, the activation of the flexors will inhibit the activation of extensors. Any thoughts?