Here's a short training video on one important aspect of

arm wrestling training: Finger Pressure

http://musselwhitepapers.blogspot.com

Hope you find this helpful!

BEST of all, it's FREE!!! :D

Stay Strong!!!

Mighty Joe

Hi Joe

I enjoy the video and the idea. Would a piece of wood 2x4 works in that fashion? I was thinking about it for awhile now. IMO if you put a small rope to the the block and hold it with your free hand you can pull even harder with the working hand w/o worry about the block slipping off and hit the wall/door. BTW, your right forearm seems bigger than your left? bigger than mine for sure

Calvin

Edited by fightertrainer

Hi Joe

I enjoy the video and the idea. Would a piece of wood 2x4 works in that fashion? I was thinking about it for awhile now. IMO if you put a small rope to the the block and hold it with your free hand you can pull even harder with the working hand w/o worry about the block slipping off and hit the wall/door. BTW, your right forearm seems bigger than your left? bigger than mine for sure

Calvin

Hi Calvin!

Glad you enjoyed the video. I hope it may help you.

Yes a 2x4 works great. That's what I used until Ryan

made me the custom handle.

My right forearm is nearly 1 inch bigger than my left.

I pull right handed but have started left handed pulling and

training also.

Stay tuned, there's more training videos to come, FREE! :)

Mighty Joe

I am stil trying to come up with an exercise where you can wrestle with your resistant as close as human hand resistant. How about a piece of 2x4 5 feet long. On bottom end you drill a hole and tight it with rope to a couple of 45 plates (a bit loosely) Top end you have a some kind of locking hook that can be attached to cable or band or both. From standing AWing position you would wrestle against it. The hook I assume would be below your wrist. You can even have 2 hooks. One on the broad side and one on the narrow side of 2x4. One thing about using band on the 2x4 is when you turn your wrist into a hook the band will try to resist that cupping/hooking motion as well. Maybe I'll build one tomorrow.

Edited by fightertrainer

I am stil trying to come up with an exercise where you can wrestle with your resistant as close as human hand resistant. How about a piece of 2x4 5 feet long. On bottom end you drill a hole and tight it with rope to a couple of 45 plates (a bit loosely) Top end you have a some kind of locking hook that can be attached to cable or band or both. From standing AWing position you would wrestle against it. The hook I assume would be below your wrist. You can even have 2 hooks. One on the broad side and one on the narrow side of 2x4. One thing about using band on the 2x4 is when you turn your wrist into a hook the band will try to resist that cupping/hooking motion as well. Maybe I'll build one tomorrow.

If you build one, send me a pic so I can better understand

what you are talking about.

Thanks,

Mighty Joe

Great, will give this a go, nice one Joe!

Thank you very much Mithras.

Glad you like it.

Mighty Joe

Cool stuff I will give it a whirl :D

I think you'll like it my arm wrestling friend. :D

Let me know how it works.

Thanks!

Mighty Joe

Cool stuff I will give it a whirl :D

I think you'll like it my arm wrestling friend. :D

Let me know how it works.

Thanks!

Mighty Joe

Will do !!!! :D

HI Joe

Before I watched your video, I was thinking wrestling against something like a piece of 2x4 would make your hand works very hard. It'd feel like gripping up a very large hand. My idea is to have a 2x4 up to 5 feet long. One end tied to weight plates to secure it in 1 place. While another end you hold it at 45 degree angle or so, in semi-squat position. Below your hand on the 2x4 an anchor hook attached to cable machine (or band tied to something like power rack) then you just AW against it. If you can't imagine it I will try to build one and post the pic. I still try to finish my fence that came down during the hurricane Ike first.

why dont you just do wrist curls with 25 or 35 pound plate

Kelby, go back and listen to the first of the video.

I said this is one of my favorite finger pressure exercises,

not the only one.

Doing plate wrist curls is another very effective one.

Mighty Joe :)

why dont you just do wrist curls with 25 or 35 pound plate

Good question. Plate curl requires a lot of finger leverage strength purely and no side pressure. The way Joe did in the video was very close to a human hand pulling. It can also allowed you to AW against more load and the load is also on your whole arm instead of isolation of plate curl. Ur opponent can apply a lot more pressure than 35 lbs plate. And it spread across your entire arm. In short it is hard to replace human pressure with plate. Though it is a complimentary exercise. Unless IMO you can add band/cable pressure on your wrist while doing plate curl, the it would be very close to human hand. Any one who can hang 100 lbs + dumbell via strap on his wrist while plate curl 35lbs must be very good :D

Hi Joe

Sorry to read about your work out building got demolished by storm or tornado or something. That is truly suck to deal with.