Bbb Flash

John Beatty

Well, I'd just about finished a 20 min writeup of the BBB4 & the stupid power kicked off as it is normal to do on a perfectly clear night at midnight with no wind or storms here in Pesotum. So now I'm a bit too tired to do it all over again.

1st Chad W

2nd John B

3rd Dave T

4th Nick R

5th Josh D

Grippers Chad with a smash of a #4

Bending Me with a 6" Edgin followed be a 5/16 x 7" square CRS

2 hand medley - Chad with all items and a high row af the 2 Inches to finish

tearing medley - Nick R, only man to get the crappy hard cards longways

Big squeeze - Chad/Dave with 195

Herc Hold - Chad - the cars on ramps - very fun!

After was the "what can Chad do?" show. He can do anything was determined after so many combo lifts of Inch, 2 45's, 3 25's, blob, hub, oddball stuff. Amazing bending, monster grippers, great performances & drive by all. Some of the tearing battles were epic. I'll post more on Mon, taking the kids to Six Flags tomorrow.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John Beatty

• John4cars

• climber511

• nickr104

sounds like it was a good one, looking forward to the full writeup and videos!!!

I bet the tearing medley is gonna be real fun to watch

congrats to all the participants in this comp

Congrats to the top 5 and to everyone else as well! Really had a blast John. Got to see some fantastic performances all around. I wanted to stick around and see what place I got, and whether I got a sword out of my shenanigans. Sorry I had to leave early but I just couldn't stand around any longer with my shoulder giving me trouble. It's back in now -doesn't feel like a million bucks- more like $20, haha.

congrats to everyone, especially chad for the win and the #4 close. hope everyone had a great day and set some prs. looking forward to reading everyones write ups of their day.

Sounds great guys. Chad's unbeaten streak is alive. Awesome stuff.

Great work John B with the 2nd place performance.

Big pinching from Dave and Chad it looks like.

Sorry to hear about your shoulder Ben - hope it's okay.

Can't wait to read more.

All of the guys that were there are top notch and a lot of fun to just be around :rock The contest went really well. the food was just awsome pork loin,beef brisket,bone in ham,beans,hashbrown caserol,and big tonys cheese cakes,Big tony was there to do all of the times and pass gas :blink I just cant say how much fun I had meeting everyone and competing against them wasnt one prick in the bunch all super guys.hope everyone can move there hands to day and are some what functional

Jerry Donaldson

Congrats to all!

In spite of the size of my ever increasing waist line the food sounds like a meal I'd wanna be a part of. Yum (yep I'm cooking right now).

Great work guys! Especially Chad for closing a #4! :rock What was the calibrated poundage on that gripper?

Edited by Teemu I

A Great comp put On by John Like the norm. Great people, great food and tons of fun!! It was a Pr day for me. Highest finish ever in a comp and my first first. I closed 150.4 gripper, Missed the 157. Bent a 6.5 shiny. Did ok in the 2 hand medley. I got stoped at the 2.5 axle like the other 13 guys. Got first in the tearing medley , 155 on the FBBC 2 hand pinch stetup, and held the HH for a huge 5 or 7 second. That thing was crazy heavy. After, I bent a diamond special 5 with a little help from Paul. Thanks Paul!! Then it was the Chad show. Picking up everthing in every combo you could think of. Thanks a ton John for puting on this comp and all the cool stuff in the prize package!!

the 4 is 195
Nice close then, very nice! :rock Is this gripper Josh Dale's?

Can't wait to see the vid!

Edited by Teemu I

Had a lot of fun as usual, food was amazing as usual, and the prizes were great! My favorite prize is the straps with the naked ladies sewn on them. I don't even use straps but I'm going to look for an excuse to wear those to the gym. I was too blown out to try anything afterwards and we wanted to get back to the hotel to watch the fights but it sounds like we missed quite a show.

Congratulations to Chad for breaking the American record on grippers! :rock He JUST missed the 199 SE which is not only 4# higher BUT the sweep is murder. He'll kill that 199 #4 of Eaton's. Chad was dominant as usual. As Dan was telling Russ and Vic; "Chad just competes with himself and then there is everybody else".

John Beatty had a huge contest. He won/tied the bending event, upset some guys on the pinch, had great times as far as the best of the rest in the 2H and tearing medley and then had a monster HH time with only you know who beating him.

Dave did his usual, top 3-5 in every event and pulled out his usual top 3 finish. The guy never makes a mistake and his pinch was on fire yestereday!

Nick had a great contest and his strategy was top notch. He did the bending event perfect, picked up huge points when he had to on the tearing medley, and hit make or break weight in the 2HP. Very smart contest and as someone who enjoys the strategy portion of these things as much as anything, my hat's off to him :rock

Met Paul and we had a blast. We've decided next time we tie in an event we're doing a SFII match as the tiebreaker; shoryuken biotch! That boy has some serious gripper power and look for him to hit the MM3 no problem.

Thanks again to Dan, Vic, and Russ for letting me stay with you guys. I've got to head off to dinner with the family. Looking forward to doing it again next year.

Congrats to all sounds like a good time! Really would like to make one some time just hasn't been in the cards lately. Also way to go Bro on the top 5 spot!

Nick is really coming on here lately. Look for him to just keep getting better and better!

Looks like a great time!!! Congrats Guys!!!!