Bbb4 Results?

Brad Manion

Let's hear it. How tough was everything, particularly the medleys? What were the cool feats done at the after party? Man, I wish I could've been there.

Let's hear it. How tough was everything, particularly the medleys? What were the cool feats done at the after party? Man, I wish I could've been there.

Grippers were not as exciting as previous years but CHAD SHUT A 195 #4. Josh and Paul shut the 3.5(Paul shut the RB330 soon after with AUTHORITY and was kicking himself). Paul also came within 1/8 of the #4... jerk.

Bending was pretty fun for me since I hit a PR and tied with Chad. The way John scored it though kicked my points down immensely and I'd be angry if his scoring system didn't make just as much sense as the traditional "thicker/stronger bar beats shorter bar" system. Had I known that little tidbit, I would've gone for a much easier bend and gotten many more points ;) However, in John's system of going by the poundage ratings, an Insane Bastard would've probably won the event so it reflected the difficulty of the shorter bends very well.

The medleys were tough. Only 1 guy finished the 2 hand medley and no one finished the tearing medley. The 300+ 2.5" axle(85lb bar with 2 45's and 2 10's or 5's) stopped damn near everyone. Big Tony had to try it and lifted it as easily as a piece of his delicious cheesecake. I know Dave and Chad lifted the axle, I'm not sure about the rest though. A few came dangerously close. The longways deck tear stopped everybody except Nick so WAY TO GO BUD!!!!

The big squeeze tripped up a few guys. I just have little girl thumbs so it didn't work out to well for me. I pulled much less on the big squeeze than I did on the 2HP device. John, get the paint that Chris uses on his stuff!!!

The cars on ramps was heavy. I was ready for another 2 or 3 attempts to be honest :rock :rock :rock I really think that was a matter of luck for most of the guys. I noticed that some guys managed to get their hands in just the right position and held on for 5+ seconds. Dave, Josh and Chad were just strong on this. My left thumb slid off my fingers in a hurry in my left hand and it was all about my fingertips then :(

I almost snatched my 50kg KB during the comp but alas, it was not to be today. I didn't stick around for much of the after party but the FOOD WAS AMAZING AND BIG TONY IS QUITE THE COOK!!!!!!! My dad and I went home with 2 jars of his amaaaaaaaaaazing BBQ sauce.

Everyone did very well and there were plenty of surprises. Perhaps next year I can do better.

Well done Zach :rock What was bent?

I don't remember everything but here's what I do remember:

Paul took down a 7x5/16 sq and went after a 6.5" piece twice and I'm not sure if he finished the last one. Beatty got the 7" sq and Ben/Chad also attempted the sq and both wobbled/kinked them.

Ben and Dave finished 6.5" Edgins, Ben's shoulder popped out during his 2nd or 3rd attempt and he was stuck with the 6.5.

Jeremiah went after a Grand Shiny and got it to 2 1/8... an inch off center :blink

Nick bent a Big Shiny.

Chad bent an Edgin

Russ C. took down a 1/4x7 Sq DU and it was literally about 2" off center. He was using modified DU and it started bending right over his right pinky and the rest of the bar stayed straight. He finished I believe. He also wobbled a 480 bastard DU. Did I mention this guy is completely new to this stuff? :whacked

John Sandy had a 1/4 sq on the run big time but he just couldn't get it past the 90-100 degree/4" mark. Don't worry John, all the good benders get stuck there ;) (me at least) :laugh

Derek went after an Edgin and scared the daylights out of it, took a Shiny to 3ish" and had to settle for a Bastard because his bicep hampered his training and hurt him during the bends.

Someone bent a 6" Edgin and won the day but I'm not sure who... John maybe?

I bent a 7" Edgin and scared a 6.5".

I just don't remember everyone else.

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

I don't remember everything but here's what I do remember:

Paul took down a 7x5/16 sq and went after a 6.5" piece twice and I'm not sure if he finished the last one. Beatty got the 7" sq and Ben/Chad also attempted the sq and both wobbled/kinked them.

Ben and Dave finished 6.5" Edgins, Ben's shoulder popped out during his 2nd or 3rd attempt and he was stuck with the 6.5.

Jeremiah went after a Grand Shiny and got it to 2 1/8... an inch off center :blink

Nick bent a Big Shiny.

Chad bent an Edgin

Russ C. took down a 1/4x7 Sq DU and it was literally about 2" off center. He was using modified DU and it started bending right over his right pinky and the rest of the bar stayed straight. He finished I believe. He also wobbled a 480 bastard DU. Did I mention this guy is completely new to this stuff? :whacked

John Sandy had a 1/4 sq on the run big time but he just couldn't get it past the 90-100 degree/4" mark. Don't worry John, all the good benders get stuck there ;) (me at least) :laugh

Derek went after an Edgin and scared the daylights out of it, took a Shiny to 3ish" and had to settle for a Bastard because his bicep hampered his training and hurt him during the bends.

Someone bent a 6" Edgin and won the day but I'm not sure who... John maybe?

I bent a 7" Edgin and scared a 6.5".

I just don't remember everyone else.

That 1/4"x 6" square kicked my butt. Didn't have a problem getting the 1/4"x 7" to 1 1/2". I probably should have just tried a 6.5" but got greedy.

That 1/4"x 6" square kicked my butt. Didn't have a problem getting the 1/4"x 7" to 1 1/2". I probably should have just tried a 6.5" but got greedy.

John, when it comes to strength, bending inparticular, get greedy. Greedy in that context just means ambitious and ambitious attempts hardly ever end with the doer getting weaker. It's quite the opposite in fact ;)

John, when it comes to strength, bending inparticular, get greedy. Greedy in that context just means ambitious and ambitious attempts hardly ever end with the doer getting weaker. It's quite the opposite in fact ;)

I will keep that in mind. I usually just try to push myself on the bends just for the heck of it.

I was viewing the awards ceremony that I recorded and here are the overall standings with no specifics on the events. I was listening to the scores on the little camera speaker so hopefully I didn't hear the them wrong.

15 John Sandy 83 (proud owner of the highest score!)

14 Dan Sweeny 75.5

13 Zach Coulter 66

12 Rick Cramer 65

11 Russ 56

10 Jerry Donlandson 54.5

9 Jeramiah Fox 50.5

8 Derek Graybell 49.5

7 Ben Edwards (didn't say the points on the video)

6 Paul Knight 39.5

5 Josh Dale 39

4 Nick 34.5

3 Dave Thorton 23

2 John Beatty 20

1 Chad (didn't say his points on the video)

It sound's like you guy's had a blast congrad's to everyone I hope it work's for me to go next year I really want to !!!!! :D

Great job everyone thanks for the writeups!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher

Brendan

I was viewing the awards ceremony that I recorded and here are the overall standings with no specifics on the events. I was listening to the scores on the little camera speaker so hopefully I didn't hear the them wrong.

15 John Sandy 83 (proud owner of the highest score!)

14 Dan Sweeny 75.5

13 Zach Coulter 66

12 Rick Cramer 65

11 Russ 56

10 Jerry Donlandson 54.5

9 Jeramiah Fox 50.5

8 Derek Graybell 49.5

7 Ben Edwards (didn't say the points on the video)

6 Paul Knight 39.5

5 Josh Dale 39

4 Nick 34.5

3 Dave Thorton 23

2 John Beatty 20

1 Chad (didn't say his points on the video)

We did figure out I'd transposed placings for Dave T & Derek on one event, Dave Actually had 21 points. I will recheck on Wed when I'm off work, took the family to Six Flags all day yesterday, then 12 hours of work today & tomorrow.

Will there a breakdown of who did what for each event (what steel you bent and what place, what your medley time was and what place, etc..) at some point?

yup