Tried Some 11/32 Drillrod Today

CaptainCrush

I just fell in love with this stuff! Harder on the kink than a Triangle Edgin, bout Big Triangle Edgin strength to about 90 degrees and then loads up like a huge shiny for the crush!

I got it to 2 and 3/8 after about 3 minutes then I pushed so hard using Jasons crushdown pads I got a terrible sharp pain shoot down the side of my neck causing me to stop. Hurt like hell for bout an hour now its finally starting to loosen up after a vicodin and a hot bath. :D That piece of steel is definitely not going to survive by night time!

11/32 Drillrod to 2 3/8

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CaptainCrush

• ox3782

• MalachiMcMullen

• foxyj75

HOLY CRAP CHAD!!! I've put a good kink into an 8" piece but a 7" piece of that stuff?!?!?!?! :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow

HOLY CRAP CHAD!!! I've put a good kink into an 8" piece but a 7" piece of that stuff?!?!?!?! :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow

Thanks brotha!

The first hit on that I got a slight bow in it but the second hit started going down pretty nice :D

It will definitely be a good stepping stone toward the KOAB which I also got a bunch of pre-cut pieces of 1018 3/8 CRS from speedymetals. Probably gonna send Eric a piece to see what it calc's to.

Thats some fun stuff, wait till you try the 3/8 drill rod :D

- Aaron

HAHA! :D

Not even sure I can kink the 3/8 CRS still...gonna try here later on tonight.

That stuff sure would be good for iso's though, might have to order me some!

Not even sure I can kink the 3/8 CRS still...gonna try here later on tonight.

That stuff sure would be good for iso's though, might have to order me some!

If I can kink the griprite shiny 80d's unbraced, you can certainly do it ;)

thanks Casey!!

I just wobbled a 7 x 3/8 piece of 1018 CRS!!!!! :blink

Not quite a penny kink but I'll take any movement in that bastard!! :D

Nice job Chad!! :rock :rock I know you got it in you to kink that 3/8'' crs!! If I can do it, surely you can buddy!

I agree with Aaron about the 3/8 drillrod, that stuff is fun.........if you call getting punched in the sack "fun"!! :D:blink

Nice job Chad!! :rock :rock I know you got it in you to kink that 3/8'' crs!! If I can do it, surely you can buddy!

I agree with Aaron about the 3/8 drillrod, that stuff is fun.........if you call getting punched in the sack "fun"!! :D:blink

:laugh :laugh

Thanks Fox!! I think if I wouldn't of messed around with the drillrod before the 3/8 attempt, I may have put a little more of a dent in it.

Anyways I just got back from the garage trying to finish off that drillrod.

11/32 0-1 Drillrod to 2 inches

I just couldn't get the damn thing below the 2 inch mark, maybe tomorrow.

HaHa :laugh this made me laugh!

Chad your becoming a bending monster! .......................... your ARE a bending monster!

HaHa :laugh this made me laugh!

Chad your becoming a bending monster! .......................... your ARE a bending monster!

Thanks a lot Paul! That means a lot coming from one of the best! :D

I just finished fooling around with some more of the 3/8 1018 CRS. I prekinked a piece to 50 degrees and got it to just about 3 3/4

7.5 x 3/8 damage

Very well done :rock

There nothing like hitting on a big piece of steel and feeling the pain then seeing that the steel moved and then thinking F##ck the pain :D

WELL DONE CHAD KEEP IT UP BRO.

There nothing like hitting on a big piece of steel and feeling the pain then seeing that the steel moved and then thinking F##ck the pain :D

WELL DONE CHAD KEEP IT UP BRO.

It's definitely a hell of a feeling!! :D

Thanks a lot Gaz!!!

Awesome Chad!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher

I want to try some of that drillrod 11/32.

I also tried a KOAB yesterday and got it to move I think it will take some more Edgins to get the strength to take it down.

Keep hittin it Chad you are building awesome strength for sure!!!

Pic of KOAB http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=7930

Brendan

wow great job man!! thats more of a kink than I got.

I ain't sure what this batch of steel calibrates that I have but I'm hoping it's the hardest batch of 3/8 CRS in existence :D

Sweet. Man I knew the way you were melting the shinys a little while back it wouldn't be long before you started hitting the real crazy stuff like this. Like Fox and Paul I will relax now and watch for fun because I ain't in your league anymore.

I ain't sure what this batch of steel calibrates that I have but I'm hoping it's the hardest batch of 3/8 CRS in existence :D

Chad have you tried a KOASB???

Sweet. Man I knew the way you were melting the shinys a little while back it wouldn't be long before you started hitting the real crazy stuff like this. Like Fox and Paul I will relax now and watch for fun because I ain't in your league anymore.

Thanks a lot buddy!! :)

Like Gazza has been saying for the longest time so much of it is mental. Before if I would have seen the difference between the 11/32 and 5/16 I'd pretty much already tell myself "No way in hell". Now that I have it in my mind that I WILL bend a KOAB no matter what, it really helped.

If somebody would of told me 2 years ago when I started bending for the first time that I would be on target for bending 3/8 CRS I'd think they were insane.

Edited by CaptainCrush

Chad have you tried a KOASB???

No I've never tried a piece before.

Like Gazza has been saying for the longest time so much of it is mental. Before if I would have seen the difference between the 11/32 and 5/16 I'd pretty much already tell myself "No way in hell". Now that I have it in my mind that I WILL bend a KOAB no matter what, it really helped.

If somebody would of told me 2 years ago when I started bending for the first time that I would be on target for bending 3/8 CRS I'd think they were insane.

Low and behold you are the Insane bastard who is going for it ;)

Low and behold you are the Insane bastard who is going for it ;)

:tongue:laugh

welp I guess I am haha!

I need Paul's flexibility! :D

Edited by CaptainCrush