Thick bar dudes!

Rick Walker

www.goheavy.com/forums/debate/index.cgi/read/57538

In the TX area?

Tim Bruner is offering 500 big ones for anyone that can hoist it.  I don't care for the guy-so get there and bankrupt his a$$!

Rick Walker :hehe

pardon my ignorance...but is he offering $500 for someone to just deadlift it?

does he really have the money?

besides BIG tony i know of two other guys in the midwest that should be able to just deadlift it.

IF the money was GUARANTEED they might be able to justify the trip.......

Thank you

If I know Bruner-he is dead serious.  I read he is opening a gym and is going to offer lifetime memberships to anyone who can stand up with it!

He needs to rephrase before he has to refinance.

He does not say the first person to stand up with

the bell, he says anyone, which implies that the

money will continue to be offered even after a few

succeed. I believe four or five guys deadlifted the

Inch at the Arnold Classic a couple of years ago when

a booth was offering $100. Finally, the booth workers

stopped the offer.

He must not have surveyed the current situation

regarding the Inch? A long hand on a fairly strong

man, and the bell could rise.

OldGuy- great steaks in Texas, start your car!

Thanks for the link.The Ez way he handled the 175's(not just that he did it-seen that before- but he man handled em) was impressive and the 600 dead off the block for 5 reps was also pretty impressive.

However IF he can't deadlift the INCH...which is probably the case?it is likely that he believes that IF a man- with his level of power/strength- failed? it is very unlikey that anyone else can lift it either?this is probably why he put up the $500.

We've seen a pic of Big Tony doing it(looked pretty casual about it)and there are a few other "relative unknowns" with that kind of grip/arm power-with adequate overall brute strength in the midwest...whether they will drive to Texas is another question.I will let them know about the opportunity.

I would guess that(hardly an unknown)Brad-and perhaps Wade and Karl Gillingham could do it?Long drive though...

Bruner looks like a very powerful man...but having this kind of gym strength probably works against him in this 'bet'

:blush i.e.may not realize how much of this lift is in the hands/wrist/forearms........?? :hehe

All it takes is a large strong hand and the ability to dead lift around 175 with one hand. Or an extremely strong average size hand. The handle is the same thickness as a 12 oz Budweiser bottle, so I have been told.

Bruner has hoisted it-that is why he is doing the challenge.  I have seen pictures of him hoisting it in his driveway in flip-flops no less.  I am not sure where the picture is-

The booth will be at a powerlifting meet where he will also be judging-that is why he is speaking about squatting.

Yes-Bruner is strong as heck-but he also isn't clean.  He speaks freely about his steriod use and ironically uses "Clean as I want to be" as his favorite saying.

That "kick his ass" thing is common-He is dislike by many in powerlifting circles because he has diarrhea of the mouth.

I have heard he is pretty cool in person though-

Rick Walker :crazy

Well i stuck my foot in my mouth..me presumeing Bruner couldn't do it....just have seen/met a lot of strong guys and when they get stuck at something or have a hard time- they end up thinking that it will stall everyone else too.Many people with preconceived notions- OR- limiting others by what THEY think is heavy.

I think you could also "pass the word" to:Pfister,the gillinghams(all three),schoonveld,brett latta,bryan Neese,johnny Perry(he DOES have a heck of a grip now)marrunde and of course Big Tony.Probably quite a few amateur strongmen could do it also.Add to that a big probably for quite a few NFL line man have the hand size and grip to do it?Of course $500 is barely dinner tab for a modern pro 'baller'.Wouldn't that be a hoot if everybody showed up at once :hehe

All right..I promised my friends and a promotional partner i'd shut up!I'll try :hehe

I am sure anyone who replied to his post will get a lot of smart remarks-its Bruner's nature.

In his credit-he did train hard to deadlift it.  He set a goal and met it and I respect that.  

I agree-I hope a ton of guys show up and make him look like a fool!