Decent Bending Session.....

foxyj75

Hey guys,

Had a pretty decent bending session tonight, didn't even really plan on bending, but I had just finished a killer hip-belt squat workout, and wanted to see if that helped my bending. I managed to put a 20 degree kink in a 6'' piece of the 3/8'' 0-1 drillrod :rock , and about a 55 degree kink in a 4 7/8'' x 5/16'' JH G5. Oh yeah, and a TON of long isos on both of these pieces once they stopped moving!! Anyway, check out the pics! Later!

Damaged 3/8'' drillrod

big 0-1 drillrod pic 2

big 0-1 drillrod pic 3

4 7/8'' JH G5 mangled!!

God Bless,

Foxy<><

Dude :blink That's... that's just crazy! :whacked If you work that flexibility Jeremiah, a King is yours in a heartbeat. A HEARTBEAT!

Dang Jeremiah! I've cheatkinked a good deal of the 3/8" DR (O-1) from Fastenal and it's harder than any KOAB I've ever touched. Great work man!

Fox did u get your drill rod from fastenall? how does the difficulty compare to some other stuff????

Teddy, the drillrod (0-1) is from Fastenal. I would say difficulty-wise, it's in between crs and 303 sst.

Thanks guys!! :D Man, I'm so happy that the 3/8'' stuff is moving finally!! :rock That big drillrod sure is springy!! I would hit it, and I bet it would move 1/2'', then spring right back! :blink :blink I was happy with the progress on the shorty edgin as well. I got this one farther than the other one I have been working on for 3 months on and off. Onwards and upwards!! :rock

Yeah, any of the KOABs should be toast at this point. I can't even see the 780 batch (if that's indeed what I have at the house, and it has to be way up there) resisting you. I also get a kick out of reading, "some decent bending." When you or Gazza or Booyah or Acorn or Paul post that it usually means a truck axle got warped.

Thanks guys!! I might try an identical length piece of all 3 of the 3/8'' stock I bought(0-1, 304,and 1045 crs), and see how far I get with each one. I'll let you all know what goes down!! Later! :cool