Az Summer All-comers Results

acorn

Overall

Aaron Corcorran 1st

Paul Knight 2nd

Derek Graybill 3rd

Cindy Graybill (?) 4th (did not finish)

Grippers (top 2 grippers to be recalibrated)

Aaron 159# (BBE), 170# (BBE), 178# #3.5, 178# #3.5 Best 178# #3.5

Paul 159# (BBE), 170# (BBE), 178# #3.5, 178.5# adj SE @ MM4 specs Best 178.5# adj BBSE @ MM4 specs

Derek 138# #3, 144# #3, 144# #3, 153# #3 Best 153# #3

Cindy Sporting goods gripper, Guide, pass, pass Best sport goods gripper

2HP (Calibrated)

Aaron 209.18#, 220.5#, 224.25#, 230.25# best 224.25#

Paul 160.375#, 165.625#, 165.625#, 170.375# Best 165.625#

Derek 152.625#, 160.375#, 165.625#, 166.937# Best 165.625# (exceeds BW lift)

Cindy 70.25#, 65.5#, 70.25#, NL Best 70.25#

Unbraced Bending

Aaron 6.5x5/16 G5 bolt (Triangle), 6 3/8x5/16 G8 Bolt head removed, Pass, Pass Best 6.5x5/16 G5 bolt

Paul KOAB, 6.5x5/16 G5, 7x3/8 G2 Bolt (307A DF 595 cal), Pass Best 7x3/8 G2

Derek 7x5/16 FBBC Hexabastard, FBBC 6.5x5/16 Big Bastard, Pass Best Big Bastard

Cindy Pass

DO Axle DL (45's yet to be calibrated used face value for them, Small plates calibrated)

Aaron 323, 343, 350, pass Best 350#

Paul 323, 328, 328, 328 Best 323#

Derek 303, 313, 323, 328 Best 323# (exceeds Double BW DL)

Cindy Pass

Braced Bending

Aaron 28"x5/8", 14"x1/2", pass, pass Best 28x5/8 and 14x1/2

Paul 26"x5/8", 12"x1/2", 10.5"x1/2", 19"x5/8" Best 26.5x5/8 and 10.5x1/2

Derek 29"x5/8", 30"x5/8", 11.5" Tree Island Spike (head and point removed) Best 30x5/8 and 11.5 spike

Cindy Pass

- Aaron

I almost appears as though everyone had an "off" day except Derek who was definitely on besides bending.

Very nice results guys!!! Paul, those DF fat G2s are nasty! I bet it wasn't much trouble for you, but I got my hands on one the other day and could only microkink it. And it was way harder than the rating might suggest from there until about 3".

Discussing the Bending situation the day after the comp Paul and I are thinking that we miscalibrated the KOAB and Hex he and Derek tried leading to us thinking it was easier than it was. The g8 I was working with was an unknown as well and seemed harder than the recent Triangles I have been working with. Head marking on it is a: u or n. one of the 6.5 uncut G8s and a KOAB went back to Texas with Paul to check that theory. I have to say I was putting alot of force into that G8 when the threads let go. Couple fingers were numb for at least 30 min.

- Aaron

Nice work guys. Awesome Euro pinching Aaron :rock

Nice Work Guys Sounds like You Had Fun !!! Paul Knight 26x5/8 Is That Right ??

yep - we had 4 attempts between 2 different lengths of steel - so basically: 2 attempts on spike and 2 attempts on mid-length: I opened w/26" which I finished in 24 seconds (1st attempt) then did a 12" piece of 1/2" - felt soft, so went right into a 10.5" piece and got that for my 3rd attempt and on my final attempt, I went for the 19 and missed - so I used all my attempts up. I only went for the 19 in comp because I knew Aaron and Derek were done bending so I didn't need to play it safe - the 1/2" stuff felt a little easier than what I'm used to and the 5/8ths felt a little harder, but all relative. Derek's best on that 5/8ths was 30" that night, and he's done shorter, so I think it was a little harder than the stuff he's used to bending that I think you've tried also, if that puts it in perspective for you. ;)

Edited by Paul Knight

Derek, you lifted the same as me on the axle and weigh less; great job! I'm happy for you! Great gripper improvement as well.

Great Euro pinch Aaron and very strong in every event!

Paul, your pinch #s will keep rising as they did today and it looks like you bent some crazy stuff and great gripper work as well.

Mrs. Graybill, very cool you gave some events a try, nice to see women getting involved.

Thanks Guys, we had a ton of fun. Those who didnt make it missed out on the tag team bending as well.

- Aaron

Derek, you lifted the same as me on the axle and weigh less; great job! I'm happy for you! Great gripper improvement as well.

Great Euro pinch Aaron and very strong in every event!

Paul, your pinch #s will keep rising as they did today and it looks like you bent some crazy stuff and great gripper work as well.

Mrs. Graybill, very cool you gave some events a try, nice to see women getting involved.

Thanks Bob!!! I was trying to beat you at 2HP but couldn't manage it :D You still have me on that.

Zach, those two guys were killing themselves on various feats the night before, I was only screwing around a little. Maybe that was a reason, maybe not, but Paul and Aaron were still killing themselves fighting for first :D Aaron only won by a point, because of me tying Paul in two events :tongue

Congrats guys! :D Sounds like you had fun even if it was a small group.

Aaron and Paul, looks like you guys had a lot of fun, but Derek :yikes YOU are The Man!!!!! Sick deadlift !!! :rock

Looks like I missed a fun time. I may have been able to challenge the Axel and pinch. I have not bent anything in months and have never tried the big braced stuff...The swing set took longer than expected to put up. Bad directions, missing parts and one trip to Homes Depot and 6 hrs later, she was swinging...LOL...

Good job all around and I will try hard to make the next one....

-B