Rolling Thunder Wrist Curls

blueviper42

Would wrist curls with rolling thunder be a good substitute for regular dumbbell wrist curls? Since it is a thick revolving handle it would let you better simulate the hooking pressure or fingertip pressure of resisting a toproll. You could do using a preacher pad to keep your arm locked into position and then perform the wrist curls with your arm locked, or stand up and leave your arm hanging down your side and doing wrist curls with your arm down. Has anyone ever done these like this before? Sorry if my descriptions aren't so good, I hope you understand what I mean.

Would wrist curls with rolling thunder be a good substitute for regular dumbbell wrist curls? Since it is a thick revolving handle it would let you better simulate the hooking pressure or fingertip pressure of resisting a toproll. You could do using a preacher pad to keep your arm locked into position and then perform the wrist curls with your arm locked, or stand up and leave your arm hanging down your side and doing wrist curls with your arm down. Has anyone ever done these like this before? Sorry if my descriptions aren't so good, I hope you understand what I mean.

Hi TheWalrus, this is a good question and something I've been thinking about recently (and trying) too. I just do them in the style of regular wrist curls, and they definitely hit the fingers really hard, and some parts of the forearm which don't seem to get hit with normal curls. I started with a light weight at first, but I quickly adapted to the handle, and I've added a fair amount of weight even in a few weeks.

I've seen various arm wrestling machines which have a similar "handle" to the rolling thunder, one's attached to pulleys from all sorts of angles, so I guess it's a reasonable replacement for the hand of an opponent. Any of the experienced arm wrestlers have any advice on this one?

I do RT wrist curls every now and then, both standing and regular. I think they're good...I can really fry my forearms with it.

I do RT wrist curls every now and then, both standing and regular. I think they're good...I can really fry my forearms with it.

Rolling Thunder wrist curls are a great method for strengthening your wrist because you can adjust to cable to different heights to hit different angles (especially for armwrestling). A thick-handled dumbbell is great and I would suggest you use those too, but other than over the knee and off the end of a bench there is not much more you can do with them when it comes to wrist curl training.

Rolling Thunder wrist curls are a great method for strengthening your wrist because you can adjust to cable to different heights to hit different angles (especially for armwrestling). A thick-handled dumbbell is great and I would suggest you use those too, but other than over the knee and off the end of a bench there is not much more you can do with them when it comes to wrist curl training.

Sometimes I do them standing I'll deadlift the weight from the floor then wrist curl them.

I do wrist curl but only in AW position. I don't feel it do you any good if you can't wrist curl while in AW position wiht your arm. It's not important whether your forearm is hi or lo, as long as the elbow is at 90 degree angle IMO. Engin Terzi said "use your fat handle as long as it doesn't limit your max too much."

• Like 1