To Get A Powerball Or Not

kinselbj

My wrists are not as strong and as pain-free as I would like--from playing rugby and weightlifting--and I am considering buying a Powerball. Aside from the recreational factors, has anyone here found them useful for building up wrist strength, eliminating pain? If so, what particular type and where is the cheapest place to buy one?

My wrists are not as strong and as pain-free as I would like--from playing rugby and weightlifting--and I am considering buying a Powerball. Aside from the recreational factors, has anyone here found them useful for building up wrist strength, eliminating pain? If so, what particular type and where is the cheapest place to buy one?

I got one and I think it's more for building up endurance than for building up strength. Search ebay ;)

Edited by Klesen

Sorry gentlemen, I should have been more specific. I would be buying one primarily for getting my wrists healthier as they get sore with the battering rugby and weightlifting give them. Would the powerball help with this?

Sorry gentlemen, I should have been more specific. I would be buying one primarily for getting my wrists healthier as they get sore with the battering rugby and weightlifting give them. Would the powerball help with this?

I got a cheap one on Amazon. I was hoping that it would be good for rehab and injury prevention; but I did not really like it and do not use it much. To be honest though I did not really use it enough to give it a chance.

The powerball's fun, especially if you get a neon, but you can only go so far with it.

The orbigrip is more expensive but looks to be a far more versatile piece of kit, and anything of Davids has awesome quality, incredible hardiness, and most importantly, the focused knowledge of one of the greatest minds in strength training.

I just bought one on Amazon for just under 30 Euro. I looked at David Horne's Orbigrip, but it was not quite what I was looking for. Thank you for the advice gentlemen. Let's see how it goes.

I thought it was silly at first when I got it. I still think it's pretty worthless for strength but getting backing into it later I have found it to be very good for recovery. I have been doing allot of heavy reverse bending and heavy sledge levering redcently. These make your wrists stronger but they are short lasting activities time wise. The major problem with tendon recovery is lack of blood flow. If you use a powerball at just the right angle and find a way to really work the tiny spots that are aching in your wrists and hit that spot with light to medium intensity for a while it builds a good "pump" which I believe moves allot more blood through the area then any of the raw strength moves alone ever could. I would say it drastically decreases my recovery time and discomfort from tendinitis in my wrists. Give it a try but remember to experiment with the angles and grip you take on it and do it a good while to get the blood flowing.

gotta secons tim , I have just started bending and rather stupidly started without adequate wrapping. The powerball definitely helped to soothe the hands and they felt like recovered faster. It deffo works wrist endurance IMO. You could use well watching trite tv etc.