My First Bending Videos!

yodajaeger

Finally I made some videos, horseshoes, SF ultralite 2,1 and 0...I know, it's probably silly to do those "simple" shoes but I've got to start somewhere.

If anyone has any feedback on the videos, the bends, the technique it will be very much appreciated!

I know however that

1. the quality is baaad

2. it's cooler not to use a towel, but I'll get there, I hope....

/Henrik

Finally I made some videos, horseshoes, SF ultralite 2,1 and 0...I know, it's probably silly to do those "simple" shoes but I've got to start somewhere.

If anyone has any feedback on the videos, the bends, the technique it will be very much appreciated!

I know however that

1. the quality is baaad

2. it's cooler not to use a towel, but I'll get there, I hope....

/Henrik

Good bending man.

The technique looked pretty good to me actually!

The only criticisms I have are:

#1. When you go for the crushdown over the thigh, it usually helps to stretch the free thigh either behind you or out to the side. That helps you better lean into the bend and you can apply more force.

#2. When starting shoes like you do, it helps to, again, position your free leg so that you are leaning more on the starting thigh.

Beyond that, just keep bending them and you'll get better! That wasn't much of a towel to protect you either. Keep going after those shoes and in a matter of weeks you'll feel no pain crushing them down without extra padding ;)

Great bends. Don't fool yourself. St croix ultralight's 0-1-2 bends is something to be proud of!

The techniqe looks ok. But I posted a few pics that I think might help a little

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=7852

Description "When it comes to horseshoe bending it is just as with any type of bending, very important to get the wraps tight. With horseshoes it's very important to wrap in the same direction as your hands are gonna be twisting. This means that if you bend with the horseshoe to your right side, hold the shoe as illustrated in the picture. And wrap with your left hand. This is a good way to avoid loose wraps, because as you bend the wraps get even tighter."

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=7853

Description "After you've wrapped it in the way I described in the first pic. Grab the wraps and twist them in the same direction as you've wrapped them. This will make the wraps even tighter right from the start."

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=7855

Description "The best way to start a shoe is very different for alot of people. But I think this way has to be the very best since you can involve much bigger muscle groups. Also I think that some/alot of people disregard this way to start because they grab with their left hand and having their thumbs pointing down. Dont do that in the start! Some can start them that way but for most it is just akward. Instead hold it like it is illustrated in the picture. After you've gotten a good kink/start just flip your hand over or if you like hold it like this all the way to the final "crushdown" over your leg"

The last pic is just something that works very good for me. If it doesn't for you. Zachs tips are good. Tim Iacobucci Has a very good video that might help

Wow a link to my video. Watch all of Zach's stuff too, his technique is flawless. Though you seem to start as I do so you might want to give my braced start a try.

You got those to 180 easy, why don't you try hearting them?

Thanks a lot everyone for the feedback. Regarding the technique, I will take all your points into my training, they all seem great. This is new for me so I have mainly gone for brute strength + basic technique :)

And I have looked at timiacobuccis video (which I think is great by the way)and Adam Glass as well, hence the starting position. Actually, regarding the starting position, I am stronger starting the shoe the way I do due to body composition actually, my upperbody is long (way over average) + my arms are quite normal => I have difficult to reach and twist on the shoe in the most common start position. But perhaps that will change over time...?

Wow a link to my video. Watch all of Zach's stuff too, his technique is flawless. Though you seem to start as I do so you might want to give my braced start a try.

You got those to 180 easy, why don't you try hearting them?

Regarding the hearting, haven't learned that yet, just that simple :)

Great bends. Don't fool yourself. St croix ultralight's 0-1-2 bends is something to be proud of!

The techniqe looks ok. But I posted a few pics that I think might help a little

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=7852

Description "When it comes to horseshoe bending it is just as with any type of bending, very important to get the wraps tight. With horseshoes it's very important to wrap in the same direction as your hands are gonna be twisting. This means that if you bend with the horseshoe to your right side, hold the shoe as illustrated in the picture. And wrap with your left hand. This is a good way to avoid loose wraps, because as you bend the wraps get even tighter."

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=7853

Description "After you've wrapped it in the way I described in the first pic. Grab the wraps and twist them in the same direction as you've wrapped them. This will make the wraps even tighter right from the start."

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=7855

Description "The best way to start a shoe is very different for alot of people. But I think this way has to be the very best since you can involve much bigger muscle groups. Also I think that some/alot of people disregard this way to start because they grab with their left hand and having their thumbs pointing down. Dont do that in the start! Some can start them that way but for most it is just akward. Instead hold it like it is illustrated in the picture. After you've gotten a good kink/start just flip your hand over or if you like hold it like this all the way to the final "crushdown" over your leg"

The last pic is just something that works very good for me. If it doesn't for you. Zachs tips are good. Tim Iacobucci Has a very good video that might help

Nice bending!! I agree with David about the wraps. Make sure they are wrapped in opposite directions, (the direction of the wrap should start at your palm and go toward your fingertips) and that will help a ton. Keep it up man!!