Beefbuilder master

Guest Christian

Guest Christian

It's a perfect step between the new #1 and #2.  I got it down to a few mm last night and I did heavy training earlier in the day. I might be able to close it fresh... :)

Cool Christian (you finally got the good one :) ).

Now what gripper should i buy to close the gap between the #2 and the #3 ?

It should have been a BBM but since the standards have changed...

I think i can work my sweep with the #3 but i can't work my close (can't do good negatives with the #3 :( ). So i need a gripper harder than the #2 but easy enough to work my close. Am i on the right track ?

Thanks,

Amaury.

Guest Christian

Is the Elite still harder than the #3?  Who knows anymore, seriously.  I guess you could do #2 strapholds until you can do negatives with the #3?

I did plier holds on Monday (grippers were @ work). Those were killer ;)

Yes maybe an Elite ;)

Well for the moment i do overcrushes in order to be able to close the #2 consistently. When i can close it consistently i'll certainly try strapholds but it is also motivating to work on an appropriate "next gripper"...

Tom Black's posts on modifying a gripper so that it becomes adjustable should help here, rather than the hit or miss buying of grippers hoping for an in between one.

Guest Christian

Thanks OldGuy. When I get to that level, that will most likely be a primary option.  It's a shame that grippers are so hit and miss, but I'm sure QC is a difficult process with these types of products.

My hands are a lil fried today, but I'm going to attempt the Master right now.  <magic of the internet> I got it down to between 1/8" and 1/16".  I am almost happy that I can't close it yet because it gives me something to work for. The sweep on this thing seems the same as my #2, but the close feels easier.  I need to work on my sweep anyhow ;)

Christrian-

I'm glad you are having a good experience with you BBM.  I had the same experience.  My BBM is a little easier than my #2, and is perfect for closing the gap on my #2.

-HH