Tap Test?

jsmiley

I've heard of a tap test to see if your going to be on that day or if you need to rest one more day, I could use something to judge this, so what is a tap test?

Thanks

Frank Chaudoin

I've seen different versions in different places. The idea is that you do a quick test to determine the state of your cns. So, in 60secs. you'd see how many times you can hit the space bar, or make dots with a pencil, etc. I understand that it's a pretty good tool to determine if your recovering properly or not.

Brent

Ok thanks, I had no idea, and I would have never guessed that. So I assume the more taps you can do the better you have recovered, so how many taps means you are well rested?

Ok thanks, I had no idea, and I would have never guessed that. So I assume the more taps you can do the better you have recovered, so how many taps means you are well rested?

you take some baseline measurements when you're well rested and then on days you're going to train, test right before. If you're not around your base, CNS events like grippers, could be subpar. Everybody is a little different so you'll have to play with it and see what's the lowest you can go before you decide that when that number is reached you rest or just train something else.

Interesting.. so just hit a key on the keyboard for 1 minutes then use the word count to see how many you did.. thats cool.. Is that pre-coffee or post

I fail to see how this would be useful. Sure tracking one's CNS recovery is always a good thing, but would a tap test be accurate? I don't think so. What happens if you improve your tapping skill? Then you will have a new baseline to measure after. In fact there are many varibles that would affect the baseline, as I see it.

I fail to see how this would be useful. Sure tracking one's CNS recovery is always a good thing, but would a tap test be accurate? I don't think so. What happens if you improve your tapping skill? Then you will have a new baseline to measure after. In fact there are many varibles that would affect the baseline, as I see it.

good point

Works for me and that's really all I care about :cool