Rest Time

jsmiley

I have noticed that if I take 3-4 days off between gripper days that I am stronger than if I only take 2 days off. I have started to do sledge hammer work and pinch lifting, then take 2 days off and do gripper work, then two more days off and back to hammer and pinch lift. This type of training has given me the best results, when I do grippers and then do grippers again after a two day rest I can't close the heavy grippers like I could with a little more rest.

I think maybe this is because I work very hard on my gripper day, and I am not fully recovered with just a two day rest.

I am wondering if anyone else experiences the same type of thing.

Thanks

Frank Chaudoin

I have that some times I usally do 3 times a week but if I dont feel my hands have recovered fully or 3/4 of the way then I will take a extra day off. But to me its all up to how my body feels.

true. when i 1st started with grippers i could go heavy 2-3 times a week for a long time.

now i have a heavier crush day, a very light crush day (just beef builder) and then a moderate day (reps with gripper). no problems so far.

I've had good luck using the tap test to check and see if I'm recovered. I can also generally tell from my warm up on my ISG. If the reps don't feel explosive, it's usually a crappy gripper workout. If I'm recovered enough for grippers, then I'm recovered enough for the rest of my training.

Yes all training varys for recover for different people you must know what your body is telling you. I can go 3 days a week and sometimes only 2 days a week all depends on my nutrition and rest during that week.

I try for one day on Two days off. On my off days I only do about 2 or 3 attempts on a goal gripper in a choker. I do play it by ear though, if I feel like my hands need more thats what they get.

Thanks guys, I didn't even think about how my rest time might change as I get into heavier grippers, before the 2 and 2.5 were part of my workout I recovered a little faster, and thanks for reminding me to get some more sleep Tae-kwon-do, I have had a crazy week, my car blew up on Tue, and I got evicted on Wed. So things have been a little busy for me.

What is the "tap test"? <<< this might be very useful to me.

Thanks guys, I didn't even think about how my rest time might change as I get into heavier grippers, before the 2 and 2.5 were part of my workout I recovered a little faster, and thanks for reminding me to get some more sleep Tae-kwon-do, I have had a crazy week, my car blew up on Tue, and I got evicted on Wed. So things have been a little busy for me.

your welcome buddy

sleeping would surely effect any serious activity

try it and sleep 8 hours and everyday sleep in the same time

after several days you will find that you have got alot more energy in any activity.

EDIT: i remember reading a qoute that had been said by a famous weight lifter or someting, it sounds like this

''you must work hard to recover like when you train hard''

Edited by taekwondo911