6 Inch Fnlty Edgin

CaptainCrush

My early Christmas presents came in the mail this morning thanks to Fox! :D

I closed my eyes and picked one out to try which was the FNL TY one. This thing kinked like butter compared to the Triangle brand and went down very quickly to below 2 inches, 46 seconds to be exact.

I'm sure it's gotta be the easiest brand of Edgins but what does a 6 inch FNL-TY Edgin calibrate to? I would compare this bolt to a shiny bastard, not kidding.

Huge FNL-TY Edgin

Chad, those cal. at 665 at 6''. Congrats man!! Now try one of those "FNL" ones and tell me what you think! Felt in between to me, but I had done other bends before that one, so I could have just been smoked. Great job! :rock

Or better yet, try that fat HKT G2! :blink :blink Or the 5/16 one, they're fun too! :cool

:D I tried the 3/8 HKT Grade 2 right after the Edgin. For the life of me I couldn't get the wraps tight around the head of the bolt. So it was loose as hell trying to bend it and very awkward. I am gonna run to the hardware store and get some new hacksaw blades and cut the head off it and give it another go this afternoon.

I did manage to still kink it some though. :)

6 x 3/8 HKT Pic 1

6 x 3/8 HKT Pic 2

The FNL 1/4" G5's I have are the easiest G5's I've tried also. It only makes sense the 5/16 versions would follow suit. SUPER SPEED CHAD!!! Now finish one in 19 seconds :tongue

Thanks my bending buddies! :tongue

I'm really starting to get obsessed with these Edgins, even more so than stainless.

I'm almost positive I can take down a 5.5 inch FNL-TY Edgin. I'm gonna order some right now I think.

I also wanna be able to bend that 6 inch Triangle Edgin before this month is over. I think it's doable.

:D I tried the 3/8 HKT Grade 2 right after the Edgin. For the life of me I couldn't get the wraps tight around the head of the bolt. So it was loose as hell trying to bend it and very awkward. I am gonna run to the hardware store and get some new hacksaw blades and cut the head off it and give it another go this afternoon.

6 x 3/8 HKT Pic 1

6 x 3/8 HKT Pic 2

NICE!!! Those things are tough! I got about the same kink in a 5''er. Stopped right there! :blush Never tried a 6''. May have to later. Did you try the HKT 5/16 G2? Surprisingly hard for a G2. Fun too. Kinks in a sharp "V".

BTW-- Hacksaw........ewwwwww..........I bet Odd Lots or Ollies has a pair of bolt cutters for around 20 bucks. Might be a good investment or present!!

Edited by Foxman

Thanks my bending buddies! :tongue

I'm really starting to get obsessed with these Edgins, even more so than stainless.

I'm almost positive I can take down a 5.5 inch FNL-TY Edgin. I'm gonna order some right now I think.

I also wanna be able to bend that 6 inch Triangle Edgin before this month is over. I think it's doable.

I think you got a 5.5'' in you right now Chad!! Just take that bolt with you to Fastenal, and they can order the exact same ones. I think it's "Do It Center" that has the "NB" brand G5's. Might wanna check that out as well. Would be an awesome step toward the triangle edgins as they cal at 710 at 6''. That brand was the first huge edgin I ever killed. Kinda sentimental I guess!!

Edited by Foxman

6 x 3/8 HKT Pic 1

6 x 3/8 HKT Pic 2

NICE!!! Those things are tough! I got about the same kink in a 5''er. Stopped right there! :blush Never tried a 6''. May have to later. Did you try the HKT 5/16 G2? Surprisingly hard for a G2. Fun too. Kinks in a sharp "V".

BTW-- Hacksaw........ewwwwww..........I bet Odd Lots or Ollies has a pair of bolt cutters for around 20 bucks. Might be a good investment or present!!

Yeah I'd like to see ya bend the 6 inch HKT just to get me fired up to do some more damage on it!

I didn't try the 5/16 one yet but I will tonight. I just did some iso's on the Triangle 6 inch Edgin so tonight I should be recovered to do some more. :D

The bolt-cutters are definitely gonna be purchased soon. It's not so bad cutting the threads off the Edgins with a hacksaw but for the heads it's a real bastard.

I don't think I have a Fastenal anywhere near me so I'll probably have to order online.

Thanks again man!! :rock

Thanks brotha! :cool

Here is a pic of the HKT 5/16 x 6 Grade 2 that I just couldn't let sitting here next to me. :D

HKT Grade 2 below 1 inch pic

Every HKT bolt I have tried has given me trouble. EVERY SINGLE ONE. They are some tough bolts.

Here is a pic of the HKT 5/16 x 6 Grade 2 that I just couldn't let sitting here next to me. :D

Every HKT bolt I have tried has given me trouble. EVERY SINGLE ONE. They are some tough bolts.

Yeah, they are surprising. The last one I bent(6'' x 5/16'' G2) was every bit as hard as a huge bastard!! :blink

Yeah, they are surprising. The last one I bent(6'' x 5/16'' G2) was every bit as hard as a huge bastard!! :blink

Haha, I kept telling people that when I was bending the easier 420 bastard stock, those HKT G2's were about the same difficulty as a full 7" bastard at least. I never finished an HKT until recently when I revisited bending.

Congrats!

Thanks you guys!

I'm headed out to the garage to attempt the 6 inch FNL Edgin now. Probably gonna kick my ass after all the other stuff I've bent today, we'll see...

Did some major damage on the FNL 6 inch Edgin. Not sure if it was just because I'm wore out or not but this bolt didn't seem that much easier than the 6 inch Triangle Edgin. Either way I'm sure that it will die tomorrow morning. I'm happy! :D

Huge FNL Edgin to 2 3/4

Edited by CaptainCrush

Nice job on that FNL. Glad to see that someone else thought it wasn't far off from the triangle edgin strength wise :blush . Kill that sucker tomorrow Chad!! :rock

thanks guys! :bow

I'm back from, I kid you not, a 35 minute wrap session of the Huge FNL Edgin that would make Paul Knight jealous! :tongue:laugh

Have you ever tried to wrap a bolt that was already bent to 2 3/4 and still had the head on it? I was sweating my ass off trying to get the thing tight.

Well after I recover from that worthless workout I'll give it a go in about an hour.

That bastard is gonna die quick!