My First Bastard

carlsipes

This was my first attempt at a Bastard. It is way off center but I got it to just under 2". I tried one cut to 6 1/2" after this but I think I shot my load on the 7" because I couldn't get this one past 90 degrees.

Great bend and a legendary milestone!

Tim

Great job Carl!!! That didn't take very long ;) Any more progress with the 304 SS?

Awesome power you got there Carl!! :rock Crazy strong kink too!!! :blink

Keep it rollin' buddy!!

Great job Carl!!! That didn't take very long ;) Any more progress with the 304 SS?

Thanks Zach! I tried that 304 once on a crushdown session since I first moved it to 90. I got it from 4 3/4" to about 4" so I was pretty happy with that. Fox told me to post an arm and really come down on it when it gets to that awkward position and it really helped. I think for my next little cycle I will kinda focus on the crushdown, just past 90 seems to be where it gets stuck if it's going to.

GREAT work Carl!!! I knew it was going to be soon. Total domination of that Bastard until the final crushdown. Very nice man!

Thanks Zach! I tried that 304 once on a crushdown session since I first moved it to 90. I got it from 4 3/4" to about 4" so I was pretty happy with that. Fox told me to post an arm and really come down on it when it gets to that awkward position and it really helped. I think for my next little cycle I will kinda focus on the crushdown, just past 90 seems to be where it gets stuck if it's going to.

MAN! That's exactly my sticking point :tongue ANY movement with cold stainless is a big deal Carl!!! GREAT JOB!!! Keep working with that 304 and the regular bastards will feel super easy! Well, easy-er because that bastard bend looked far from hard ;)

Great work on that bro.,pretty quick bend. :rock

Congrats :rock