Finally Killed The 3/8''!.....

foxyj75

Hey guys,ent

Had another good night of bending. Recieved some Insane Shinys from Chad,(thanks again buddy!) and gave one a shot first. Lets just say it's been a while since I've bent stainless, and forgot how much it loads up at 90!! :blink :blink :blink Man, I bet it was flexing a good 1/2'', and would go right back to 90! I later found that I had it in the wrong position(haven't crushed that way in a while) and that was wasting a ton of power. I'll try this same bar again when I'm fresh and see if it moves. Up to that point though, I can tell the crazy hard bars I have been kinking and sweeping have paid off, cause it was not hard at all getting it there.

The next bar I tried was a 6.5'' piece of 3/8'' Steelworks CRS. Although it took me about 15 minutes, I KILLED IT!!! :cool:rock :rock I am very stoked about that!! What stinks is that I had it to 3'' in about 3 minutes, but was out of position crushing it, so it froze right there. I turned the camera off, and was determined to kill it. After playing around with the positioning, BINGO!!! I found the sweet spot, and it moved like half an inch. Kept after it, and whoo hoo! It's dead!!

Check out the pics! Later!

6.5'' x 3/8 crs KILLED!!

Insane shiny to 90

God Bless,

Fox <><

sweet, good stuff. Where do you get steelworks crs??

At any Lowes back in the hardware section. It comes in a 3' length.

Edited by Foxman

I'm telling you Fox, work on that flexibility a tad and you'll be taking down some good strength KOABs!!! Perhaps not the super dark 780 batch but not far from 700 for sure ;) I find that during a tough bend, right at my sticking point, if I rest for a minute or two and go after it, it moves. That might be just what happened for you when you added that 1/2" to the CRS and went for it. That's one hell of an impressive bend!!!

Oh yeah, that Insane Shiny to 90 isn't too bad either I suppose... :laugh:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

Well done man :rock

I'm telling you Fox, work on that flexibility a tad and you'll be taking down some good strength KOABs!!! Perhaps not the super dark 780 batch but not far from 700 for sure ;) I find that during a tough bend, right at my sticking point, if I rest for a minute or two and go after it, it moves. That might be just what happened for you when you added that 1/2" to the CRS and went for it. That's one hell of an impressive bend!!!

Oh yeah, that Insane Shiny to 90 isn't too bad either I suppose... :laugh:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

Thanks Zach! I did some of those dislocations right before I bent, and it wasn't all that tough to get 6.5'' up there. If I had some normal strength KOABs, I would give one a shot. I thought I had some dark ones of the reg. variety, but that was due to the dim light in my garage. When I looked at em' in the daylight, they were slightly shiny and dimpled; aka the recent crazy hard ones.

Edited by Foxman

Thanks Zach! I did some of those dislocations right before I bent, and it wasn't all that tough to get 6.5'' up there. If I had some normal strength KOABs, I would give one a shot. I thought I had some dark ones of the reg. variety, but that was due to the dim light in my garage. When I looked at em' in the daylight, they were slightly shiny and dimpled; aka the recent crazy hard ones.

yep! them are the hard ones :dry very nice work fox!

Great!!! Just the fact that you can do those dislocations means you have more flexibility than a good number of people. Those Hindu pushups look wierd but done properly they get the job done. I use them for warmups sometimes when I'm trying to go right into a tough bend :happy

You WILL kill a KOAB VERY SOON!!!

Good work Foxman! :rock You'll have them both down in the time limit soon enough.

Hey Fox have you tried anymore of the brutal mag hex's? I know you got the one to like 80 degrees but wasn't sure if you ever finished one. I have 1 mag brutal hex I could send ya if you'd like. I have been messing around with one for about a month now and so far I got it only to 60 degrees. It takes at least a 10 second hit to get the thing to move so very slightly. :blink I hate it!!! :D

Let me know brotha.

Hey Fox have you tried anymore of the brutal mag hex's? I know you got the one to like 80 degrees but wasn't sure if you ever finished one. I have 1 mag brutal hex I could send ya if you'd like. I have been messing around with one for about a month now and so far I got it only to 60 degrees. It takes at least a 10 second hit to get the thing to move so very slightly. :blink I hate it!!! :D

Let me know brotha.

Thanks Chad, but I have some brutal hexes left. It's funny, I was actually just thinking of that exact thing!! :D Man, that stuff is evil. I was going to give some a shot last night, but honestly, it scared me off!! I might give a Mag Brutal a shot in a couple days.........maybe. :D

Let me know brotha.

Thanks Chad, but I have some brutal hexes left. It's funny, I was actually just thinking of that exact thing!! :D Man, that stuff is evil. I was going to give some a shot last night, but honestly, it scared me off!! I might give a Mag Brutal a shot in a couple days.........maybe. :D

UPDATE: Was just out in the garage, and decided to hit the Mag brutal hex I had stuck at 80 a few times. SURPRISE!! It moved........to 110 :blush . Oh well, it's something!! Now it's sitting at just over 3''. I bet if I hit a new one fresh and kept it hot, it might get a good bit closer to 2''. I guess we'll find out in a couple days............... :rock