Just Thought Of This

Paul Knight

I was watching one of Smitty's pinching video's on Youtube and he was showing how to create progression steps for plate pinching - for example: if you can't pinch two 25's yet, then use a 25 and a ten. This got me thinking .... I'm sure someone has prolly talked about this somewhere on the gripboard, but I haven't seen any video's yet - here goes - I wanna see someone pinch 2 tens and 2 25's together, with the two 25's smooth side out in between the two 10's smooth side out - only seventy pounds, but much wider - or - 3 ten's and 2 25's (maybe Jedd/Chad) or 3 2.5's and 2 25's - which is harder? the 2 tens and 2 25's or 3 2.5's and 2 25's? or 4 tens and one 25 (may need to set the tens on a short platform next to the 25 to make it flush) or 2 tens and 2 35's - same weight as two 45's, but I'm sure alot tougher - Anyways, we could go on and on about possible pinch combinations - you get the idea! ...........................

Lets dedicate this thread to some creative plate combinations

Video's only please :D

Just tried it

Nice lift there old man :fear

Ha Ha - not you too! you need to stop hangin out w/Smitty :laugh

Just tried it

Didn't lock it out, not impressed ;) Haha nice lift buddy!! Now you need to get the 6-10s :cool

Just tried it

I think that we all need to chip in and maybe start a paypal account for Paul some shoes :laugh

Just tried it

I think that we all need to chip in and maybe start a paypal account for Paul some shoes :laugh

I'll take him to Payless this Friday. After all, you can't get into the Meet Rack, The Bambi, The Mint, or the Rusty Nail without shoes on. :D

-Rex

Here's a good one that Eric did

BTW - 2 25's and 2 10's is alot harder than you think - its just as wide and wobbley (not sure if thats a word) as 5 tens but 20lbs more - heavier than 6 tens and just a little more narrow - guess it also depends on the plates, but don't assume its easy until you try it

lets see some more combo's

Edited by Paul Knight

I tried that a few months back, pretty tough. I think it was 2-10s and 2-25s. Didn't get it then. Idk if I could get it now...I'll have to give it a shot.