At Last, I Closed Coc#1!

Mikael

At last, I have managed to close coc#1.

After having been about 5 mm from closing it for years it seems, I have now closed it as many as two times in a row.

Of course I'm very happy about my personal record, the only thing I have ever achieved when it comes to physical training. However, the sad thing is that I have no idea at all what I did to achieve it! So I don't know how to continue from here. Is it possible that it's only normal fluctuations in the body that made it possible, and that I didn't really get stronger because of my training?

Edited by Mikael

At last, I have managed to close coc#1.

After having been about 5 mm from closing it for years it seems, I have now closed it as many as two times in a row.

Of course I'm very happy about my personal record, the only thing I have ever achieved when it comes to physical training. However, the sad thing is that I have no idea at all what I did to achieve it! So I don't know how to continue from here. Is it possible that it's only normal fluctuations in the body that made it possible, and that I didn't really get stronger because of my training?

if you couldnt close it before, but you can close it now, that makes you stronger in anybodys book. congrats on the close!

It's probably because you just kept squeezing it from time to time. Just constantly making an effort will make you stronger when it comes to grip.

Congrats :rock It's possible that you did get stronger aside from training(I.e physical labor), but the point is you got stronger, and that's probably from training. To go from here, first thing you need to do is get some harder grippers, and do negatives, choked closes, etc.

What Zach said is also possible.

Edited by Magnus

excellent work! i remember the first time i closed the #1. it was awesome. now, if you wanna make some money, take that thing into a bar, mash it, and bet everyone in the room $50 they can't close it. :upsidedwn

and yea, the best way to get better at squeezing grippers is to, well, squeeze grippers. you're well on your way now, my friend. good luck on your training.

if you wanna make some money, take that thing into a bar, mash it, and bet everyone in the room $50 they can't close it. :upsidedwn

I wouldn't go and do that with a #1, would be way too expensive :D

Nice job on the #1, onto the 1.5!! :rock

It's probably because you just kept squeezing it from time to time. Just constantly making an effort will make you stronger when it comes to grip.

I constantly made an effort several times, but nothing happened. Now that it has happened, I don't know why.

Congrads I remember not to long ago I closed the #1 then 2 times in a row then 3 I just bought the #2 so join me in the quest to crush it!!! Good job :rock

I constantly made an effort several times, but nothing happened. Now that it has happened, I don't know why.

as said earlier, just making an effort to close a gripper, even without fully closing it, strengthens the hand. you just built up enough strength and nailed it. and as youve closed it once, you'll know that it IS possible, and you'll find yourself closing it much more often, until finally, you can close it anytime, and for reps!

just to quicckly add in, its great clossing grippers etc, but dont, dont, dont neglect extensor training! i learnt this the hard way, as did many others..

congrats man!

i believe the average joe can close one #2 with proper training.

Train your mind first and the rest will follow:-)

Good job on your #1 close. Also why do I always hear "with training an average person should be able to close a #2"? Surely that's not saying an average person's peak is a #2 gripper right?

well done. a good feeling, after you did it :)

some weeks in the future, you will rule the coc 1, how you want.

Cograts, I know that once I closed the number 1, that was the point that I became hooked, however I wouldn't take a number 1 to a bar and make bets, once you can close the number two, then you are just about guranteed to be stronger at grip than anyone in your local bar.

Keep it up, now practice repping the 1, and then no setting the number 1

Congrats on the #1! I'd say that I was hooked before I even knew the CoCs existed. It was the joy of closing harder grippers that kept me going for fun.

Doug