Anyone close to getting the #4

Guest Harlan Jacobs

Guest Harlan Jacobs

Anyone that has several #4 grippers or is close to clossing there #4, I would like to compare mine to the one you are working with. I have never held any other #4 and would just like to know if mine is easy,hard ,or about the same as the ones that you guys are training with. So, if you would be interested in giving mine a mash to compare with yours let me know. I know my #3 is not as hard as the one that a friend of mine has. But he has never oiled it or seasoned it. My #4 is a double stamped one if it matters.

I have a couple of #4's. One is definately tougher then the other. You could try them if you wanted.

Hey!!  Count me in on the gripper exchange idea!!  Mine is a 534 IP #4 if I'm not mistaken.   :crazy  :hehe

Guest Harlan Jacobs

Mine has never been checked. But I think it's a monster( At least to me is )

Yes , I will send my gripper to anyone that is in the same boat as I am or someone that has a few #4 and is close on one of there's , to compare mine against thiers.

My #4 is available to anyone who wants to give it a SERIOUS squeeze. As a matter of fact it is such a monster I would pay SERIOUS CASH to the first person to close this gripper in my presence. If you closed it I would gladly fly to wherever you live to see it done. I'm no windbag and this is on the level.

Mike M.

p.s. - PDA tested at 586 ip and stiff as a brick right from the start!!

Guest rockblaster

I know this has been posted somewhere before but can someone please explain to me the difference between PDA's and IM's gripper strengths regarding inch pounds and the like?

SOS grippers were seasoned in a press then measured for strength (inch lbs).  A very timely (and cost prohibitive) proceedure - hence the reason they quit selling them.

Guest rockblaster

I guess what I am trying to ask is, for example: if a #2 is rated at 200 pounds, then does that mean that if you were to theoretically put 200 pounds of dead weight on top of one handle of the gripper that it would close? ;)