Home Made V-bar 2 Inches?

ewokhugo

i'd like to create one v-bar (2 inches) at home.

actually dont know how to make it.

i wouldnt mind to buy one but ordering from the USa something heavy doesnt seems to work.

any help?

i'd like to create one v-bar (2 inches) at home.

actually dont know how to make it.

i wouldnt mind to buy one but ordering from the USa something heavy doesnt seems to work.

any help?

Buy a 24" piece of 2" solid or DOM tubing (or metric equivalent) - use a piece of some kind of flat stock and have that welded onto one end - there ya go! Be careful using actual 2" as some plate don't have a big enough hole to fit over it. Here in the state we often use 1 1/2" pipe which has a 1.9" diameter but is cheaper and easier to find - works fine for practice.

Buy a 24" piece of 2" solid or DOM tubing (or metric equivalent) - use a piece of some kind of flat stock and have that welded onto one end - there ya go! Be careful using actual 2" as some plate don't have a big enough hole to fit over it. Here in the state we often use 1 1/2" pipe which has a 1.9" diameter but is cheaper and easier to find - works fine for practice.

Climber 511: thanks a lot! great help for sure!

Climber 511: thanks a lot! great help for sure!

I use my loading pin i got from Ironmind.

This got me to thinking(!), the thick vbar from FBBC... Does it have 2" diameter?

Yes, that's why not all of my plates fit on it.

Mountainman, there's a HUGE difference between the two unless your loading pin is either extremely seasoned or stripped. I could lift a little over 100 on my loading pin, and shortly after that when I tried a FBBC I pulled 180 or so.

You can also buy the threaded 1.9" pipe and then buy a flange that screws on the bottom and bang. You have a very good and solid 2" vbar for training. I used one and it was almost a pound for pound carryover to the FBBC 2" vbar.

Ditto what Ben says. I was pretty close in training and comp with mine. Cost me maybe $10, and I got mine at a smaller hardware store that probably charges a little bit more than the big places.

The shorter loading pins do seem alot harder to me.

That's weird on the shorter loading pins because I've pulled 20+lbs more on the shorter Ironmind loading pin than I have on any 2" vbar.

Thanks for your answer!

Arne will probably get some 50mm vbars done and with the same type of steel that is used for the original LGC vbar replicas.