Heavy Grip 250

KMFDM781

Well..I ordered one of these before I found this board or else I would have got a WT gripper or Captains Of Crush....Anyway...this is my official introduction and my first foray into the world of grip training. Also, my HG250 arrived today and without any prior training or anything, I was able to ALMOST crush it on my first attempt out of the package.

I'm a pretty big guy...6 foot 2 and 275 pounds, worked out a ton in high school and have been a mechanic, using my hands my entire adult life. I'm sure I will crush the 250 in no time and move on to one of the above mentioned grippers.

This is a cool new world for me, I'm glad to be here!

Edited by KMFDM781

Welcome! I strongly recommend getting grippers of higher quality as HG's really suck! You'll see and feel the difference if you got your first CoC!

Seems like we're about the same level at the moment as I'm working on my HG250 as well so good luck with training ;) Maybe you could keep a training log if you like ;) It helps!

KMFDM? Either we share some music, or that is one HECK of a coincidence!

Welcome to the board!

You'll get the HG250 as soon as you get used to the whole "crush" movement, it's very unnatural for the hand (at least-the last 1/4 inch is!).

Check out David Horne's Beginner's Workout, get a good strength base, and then KILL! And then, get KTA.

If you're a mechanic and use your hands on a regular basis you'll be able to close that 250 pretty fast. Keep working on it and eventually you'll be repping it ;)

KMFDM? Either we share some music, or that is one HECK of a coincidence!

Welcome to the board!

You'll get the HG250 as soon as you get used to the whole "crush" movement, it's very unnatural for the hand (at least-the last 1/4 inch is!).

Check out David Horne's Beginner's Workout, get a good strength base, and then KILL! And then, get KTA.

I noticed that it was very unnatural. I can't quite close it until the handles touch....it's almost like I need to reposition my hand for that last 1/4 inch. It does seem to get a quite a bit easier to crush it than when I first got it. I hope it's me getting stronger and not the gripper loosening up, lmao.