What Size?!

captaino

I started grip training with the small plastic grips about 3 years ago, but only about 6 months ago did I decide to try training with quality grips. I started with the HG 150, and found it to be difficult but could close it the first time i tried, now its easy as pie and i was going to invest in another gripper, but I wasn't sure what strength to get. Was thinking probable 200 or 250, or somewhere in between, but not sure how to judge my strength. Any suggestions? Thanks :D

If you want to stick with the HG's then go up a level or two. I would suggest getting some quality grippers from Ironmind or the Beefbuilder grippers.

Don't buy any more HG's because the quality sucks!!

I wouldn't go that far. I've got a lot of use out of mine. Sure they don't compare to IM or BB, but you can't find anything better for the $$.

Thanks for the help- I decided to try a Tetting's ....T6 250 PTC, thanks for the suggestions though! :rock

The T6(Grandmaster) is in the coc#3 range, a very big jump from the HG150. The T4(Master) is in the coc#2 range.

Thanks for the help- I decided to try a Tetting's ....T6 250 PTC, thanks for the suggestions though! :rock

The Tetting are NOT equivalent to the pundages on HG grippers. As Gerry said, this is easily 2-3 times harder then your HG150, you're in for a rude awakening when you get it :D A T3 would have been a much better choice.

Did you order it already? it's a great deal harder. It may seem like jargon now but you'll get the different ratings soon enough.

This should help

http://www.straighttothebar.com/2007/10/th...y_where_do.html

Edited by Chris Mathison

Eeccckkk...Yes I already ordered it..However i had my HG150 from a friend, who I just contacted, apparently, it was actually a Muscledriver Gladiator 150 grip. Couldn't find it on that link that compares the grippers.... Anyone had any experience with them? I hope I will be able to at least train a little with it, I still have a pretty good grip-can do plenty of reps with my current grip with no difficulty... It arrives tomorow so... :dry

Thanks for Help though!

Eeccckkk...Yes I already ordered it..However i had my HG150 from a friend, who I just contacted, apparently, it was actually a Muscledriver Gladiator 150 grip. Couldn't find it on that link that compares the grippers.... Anyone had any experience with them? I hope I will be able to at least train a little with it, I still have a pretty good grip-can do plenty of reps with my current grip with no difficulty... It arrives tomorow so... :dry

Thanks for Help though!

Don't want to rain on your parade, but even if you could move it, it'll probably be a small amount and not anything you could train on safely. The Gladiators are roughly the same strength as HGs, it should be a little easier then a #1, maybe about as hard as a Trainer, while the gripper you ordered is on par with a #3.

The MD gladiators ARE the same thing as HG's. Different packages. Use the HG ratings on that list I linked. they are interchangeable.

Edited by Chris Mathison

Uhg. I hope I'll be able to do it a small bit, maybe an inch an a half hopefully.....Do you know about Tetting's return policy? I couldn't find any info on the nutritiongeeks website I ordered it from. Arrives tomorow, and I'll give it a try. Thanks for Info :(

Uhg. I hope I'll be able to do it a small bit, maybe an inch an a half hopefully.....Do you know about Tetting's return policy? I couldn't find any info on the nutritiongeeks website I ordered it from. Arrives tomorow, and I'll give it a try. Thanks for Info :(

Dont know about his return policy. If you are unable to return it you could leave it in the package and put it up for trade in the buy/sell/trade section here on the gripboard. Someone out there might have something for you.

Nutritiongeeks has a great return policy. Get a T3 or T4.

From their website:

""NutritionGeeks.com 105% - No-Questions, No-Quibbles, Money-Back Guarantee

If you are unhappy with your product for ANY reason within the first 90 days, you can return it to us for a full refund (less the original shipping), and you get to keep the 5% credit you earned toward your next order in your Pay-It-Forward account. That equals 105% of the product price.""

Keep the gripper and buy another! After you get the gripper fever you will end up buying the T6 again!

Oh thats great info :D unfortunatly, I dont have much money so ill have to just return it if i find it impossible...still thats a nice return policy, but couldnt find it on there anywhere.... :D

Yay the gripper arrived today! It's definitely tougher than expected and I cant close it but can get it almost parrallel (About 1 inch left), anyway, I just wanted to make sure--is it safe enough to train with if i can get it that far? Thanks for all the quick responses and help also! :D

Yay the gripper arrived today! It's definitely tougher than expected and I cant close it but can get it almost parrallel (About 1 inch left), anyway, I just wanted to make sure--is it safe enough to train with if i can get it that far? Thanks for all the quick responses and help also! :D

You said you have been training quality grippers for 6 months now. I would say its safe to give it a go. Just be careful.. if its painful stop.. if its not.. go to town.