Beef Builders Grippers

codemaster

So I got curious as to what levels the BB's were and I went to the website. Imagine my amazement when I saw a gripper on there with 1000 lbs. :blink:blink of force to close. Has anyone tried this? Would it even be possible to MOVE it, much less CLOSE it?

isn't there a 1800lbs gripper? Anyways I don't think it will ever be shut.

Its a novelty item, it wasnt made to ever be closed. its just for you to look at it and hang up somewhere. i got a super galaxy(870 lb) and i tried it many times, no luck lol.

Yeah, it's really just for show, but some benders use them to practice crush-downs on.

Oh, and here's that vid of Mike playing w/ the Beast:

I'm not sure if he has the 1800lb beast or the 1500lb beast, though.

The day that can be closed, is the day someone can crush diamonds in to dust with their hands. The gripper would break if tried to be closed with a machine of some sort anyways.

My brother in law has a BB universe, im telling ya now aint no one gonna close that ever..period. He cant even close the #2 but upon a drunken nite with the credit card out while on a gripper binge..the universe came to town < <

My brother in law has a BB universe, im telling ya now aint no one gonna close that ever..period. < <

That BB universe is nuts. . . .you should post a pic just so people can understand that no human/alien/gorilla will EVER close it.

Dave

My brother in law has a BB universe, im telling ya now aint no one gonna close that ever..period. < <

That BB universe is nuts. . . .you should post a pic just so people can understand that no human/alien/gorilla will EVER close it.

Dave

Well it can't look more ridiculous than the beast gripper. The beast is still 80% harder than the Universe.

Dave

Well it can't look more ridiculous than the beast gripper. The beast is still 80% harder than the Universe.

They're both the same spring, just different coil sizes.

I didn't know the BB Universe was related to the beast. At 1800lbs I couldn't see ANYTHING being related to it. lol

You know a lot man.

p.s. I almost closed the 1500lb beast gripper, you can see in my avatar but my hand isn't there, I don't know why :dry

Edited by Grippster

p.s. I almost closed the 1500lb beast gripper, you can see in my avatar but my hand isn't there, I don't know why :dry

I am that close on closing it using my pinky! :D

I mean my thighs :rock

Dave

No they're not. The 1500 lb Beast and 1800 lb variety are, but there's NOOO way you could get a 1000 lb difference with a simple coil size change.

I am that close on closing it using my pinky! :D

I mean my thighs :rock

If you could put that spring between 2 slabs of metal your legs wouldn't be able to push it shut. How much can you leg press? Now you understand how insane the beast is. lol

Dave

No they're not. The 1500 lb Beast and 1800 lb variety are, but there's NOOO way you could get a 1000 lb difference with a simple coil size change.

How come you can't get the 1800 variant anymore? The dude on youtube has it, but now they only sell 1500's.

Has anyone tried to close it with a machine? Does it even close? Or does it break?

Well, if it actually is a gripper, it should be functional which means it shouldn't break. If it does break, then it's just a POS show piece. Imo a gripper is a USABLE tool for building hand strength. I don't think it would break, after all it is a lot of money.

Edited by Grippster

Grippster (1), what difference does it make? It's made to be a show piece. Obviously no one is closing it between there thighs.

Kyle, no one's tried but my theory is that the spring is set so low that the handle and spring would grind against eachother too much for it to be possible. Others believe the handles would snap under the pressure. Either no one has that strong a mechanical vice, or no one wants to potentially break a $60 gripper paper weight.

Grippster (2). If you could find a way to move this gripper while training on it, please let me know because I'd be happy to hear it.

What "1000lb difference"? It's a 500lb difference, not to mention it's probably rated slightly different. The spring size is the same.

Universe

Tell me that's not the same spring.

What "1000lb difference"? It's a 500lb difference, not to mention it's probably rated slightly different. The spring size is the same.

Universe

It could be just me but I think the beast looks bigger. The universe is still pretty insane.

btw congrats on your hg300 close

Edited by Grippster

Universe

Beast definitely looks bigger. get a caliper and you'll figure it out. Ok fine, 630 pounds, my bad.

Beast definitely looks bigger. get a caliper and you'll figure it out. Ok fine, 630 pounds, my bad.

Huh? Dude, 500lb.

Universe = 1000

New Beast = 1500

I think you're thinking of the super-galaxy (870). Don't you study astronomy? :laugh

I think they look identical. Pause the video @ 0:25 and the look at the amount of handle around the spring on the Beast.

Now look at the amount of handle around the spring on the Universe. Identical. I'm sure they're both 0.502's.

Surely some of the collectors on this board have both and can caliper them. I was always under the assumtion that the universe and beast were both 1/2 inch springs.

Tim

Yeah, it's really just for show, but some benders use them to practice crush-downs on.

Oh, and here's that vid of Mike playing w/ the Beast:

I'm not sure if he has the 1800lb beast or the 1500lb beast, though.

He said it's the 1800lb version, and it was listed in the description as well. They don't make the one he has in the vid anymore.