Bam!

taekwondo911

Hi,

If you remember one month ago my COC grippers arrived, when I opened th package I barely closed the trainer!

So i worked on increasing my reps on It until I was able to cloase it for 12 reps and that was like 2 weeks ago then I tried th no.1 and barely closed it.

I worked with the no.1 and now i can close it for 3 full range reps in a good day, so I said let me try the 1.5 today and see what happens?

I warmed up with the T for 3 reps each hand and tried the 1.5 with the left hand first because my rigt is stronger and I missed by an inch, then I tried with the right and BAM! it was closed!

I am very happy with this feat since I am 140 lbs, 16 years old and only train with the grippers three times a week plus I am not a weight lifter I am a martial artisit.

so i wanna thank everone in this amazing board for there support.

NEXT STOP

no.2

:rock :rock :rock :rock

cheers :D

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• taekwondo911

• Grippster

• matthcarl

• Alawadhi

Hi,

If you remember one month ago my COC grippers arrived, when I opened th package I barely closed the trainer!

So i worked on increasing my reps on It until I was able to cloase it for 12 reps and that was like 2 weeks ago then I tried th no.1 and barely closed it.

I worked with the no.1 and now i can close it for 3 full range reps in a good day, so I said let me try the 1.5 today and see what happens?

I warmed up with the T for 3 reps each hand and tried the 1.5 with the left hand first because my rigt is stronger and I missed by an inch, then I tried with the right and BAM! it was closed!

I am very happy with this feat since I am 140 lbs, 16 years old and only train with the grippers three times a week plus I am not a weight lifter I am a martial artisit.

NEXT STOP

no.2

Yeah. Nobody cares...

HAHAH! Just kidding! That is awesome! Even though you are not a weight lifter, I do not see why you would not have a good grip from doing martial arts! It feels great hitting the next level on grippers! I'd suggest getting in on the coin challenge! I know when I first started (about 6 months ago), it really motivated me to improve. Best of luck to you.

Hi,

NEXT STOP

no.2

Yeah. Nobody cares...

HAHAH! Just kidding! That is awesome! Even though you are not a weight lifter, I do not see why you would not have a good grip from doing martial arts! It feels great hitting the next level on grippers! I'd suggest getting in on the coin challenge! I know when I first started (about 6 months ago), it really motivated me to improve. Best of luck to you.

BWAHAHAHAHA

I was shocked when I saw the 'yeah nobody cares'!!! :blink :blink

You are right i am a martial artist but i didnt practice any grappling arts yet and I dont even train my grip unless you count the finger pushups..

and yeah I think I am going to get in on the coin challenge because i will ger motivated to improve

thanks for your reply man!

Edited by taekwondo911

Congrats! I think finger pushups are helpful...my goal is to be able to do 25 (I think 10 or 11 is my best set). Maybe they have more of an effect if you're a lard@ss like me :D

Congrats! I think finger pushups are helpful...my goal is to be able to do 25 (I think 10 or 11 is my best set). Maybe they have more of an effect if you're a lard@ss like me :D

yeah My best was 60 but now I focus on staying in the upper part of the push up using my thumb only for like 30 sec

i will pm you and tell you some useful advice on getting more reps

thanks for the reply

Well done man :rock You will close the #2 fast!

Well done man :rock You will close the #2 fast!

hey :)

thanks buddy I really appreciate your reply :D

cheers :cool

Edited by taekwondo911

well done mate....the #2 is a beast, start training thick bar and pinching to build your hand strength

yeah your right I think I would include some pinching in my routines

thanks for your reply

cheers

Man I have all kinds of 16 year olds gaining on me now!! Nice close, the #2 should come in no time. Are you TNSing everything? You need to learn how to set if so, because if you can TNS a #1.5 then you should easily MMS a #2, and maybe be close on the #2.5 once you get the technique down. Are you only doing closes? DO you incorporate OCs, Negs, etc?

Great work. Keep blasting thru these grippers and you'll be closing a #3 in no time.

Man I have all kinds of 16 year olds gaining on me now!! Nice close, the #2 should come in no time. Are you TNSing everything? You need to learn how to set if so, because if you can TNS a #1.5 then you should easily MMS a #2, and maybe be close on the #2.5 once you get the technique down. Are you only doing closes? DO you incorporate OCs, Negs, etc?

I set the 1.5 and then close it using a creit card to see the space between the handels.

but i can close the no.1 without setting it using the other hand

and i didnt incorporate any negative because i am was afraid of getting injured but i am going to include them next week

thanks for your reply :D

Great work. Keep blasting thru these grippers and you'll be closing a #3 in no time.

thanks for the motivation buddy :)

thank god everone in this board is nice and not like people on youtube that leave comments like

i close the 1.5 for 40 reps and i trained for only 2 days and yes they are full range reps

lol

thank god everone in this board is nice and not like people on youtube that leave comments like

i close the 1.5 for 40 reps and i trained for only 2 days and yes they are full range reps

lol

Heh. I'll believe that when I see it :happy I had one old fart comment on two different stainless steel square bends on youtube denying it was stainless. Besides being rude, he was obviously an ignorant tool who knew nothing about the bend properties of stainless. He made some smart remark about a horseshoe bend as well, but I think I scared him off by quoting FBBC and gripboard rules at him when he obviously had no idea who we were :D People never cease to amaze me.

the funnier part is that when you click on there name

there is no videos! :blink

I haven't touched a gripper seriously in years.....and your post made me want to try and see what I can do. When I stopped training a while back I could barely shut a #2 on a good day. I just went a tried my BB SM and got a couple mm away from closing it after not training crushing strength for years. Kind of surprised me....

I just wanted to say thanks for making me want to start training it again....

Ah, his hands are too strong...he can't use a camera or he might crush it :D

I haven't touched a gripper seriously in years.....and your post made me want to try and see what I can do. When I stopped training a while back I could barely shut a #2 on a good day. I just went a tried my BB SM and got a couple mm away from closing it after not training crushing strength for years. Kind of surprised me....

I just wanted to say thanks for making me want to start training it again....

i am really happy to see someone get motivated like this

if you want to stay motivated just write everything in a journal and every now and then see your progress

thanks for your reply

Ah, his hands are too strong...he can't use a camera or he might crush it :D

now that is a PROBLEM :D

BTW did you receive my pm?

yes, thanks. Looks good. I started out with seven fingertip pushups today before the pain kicked in :blush I'll try for 8 tomorrow :fear

yes, thanks. Looks good. I started out with seven fingertip pushups today before the pain kicked in :blush I'll try for 8 tomorrow :fear

you are more than welcome :)

i wanna see you doing thumb pushups next year buddy!

Nice work man! Keep workin on that #2 and it'll be closed in no time :rock

thanks man I am really focusing on grippers right now

cheers :rock

Yep.. your addicted.. Only takes one day like that and you hooked. You will mash the 2 before you know it.

Thats fast progress. For me it took almost 4-6 months to close the 2. I think it'll be alot sooner for you