When's The Next Gathering

big nasty

Is there any plan's for another get together that deal at Scott's in March was a blast. I also want to show off my smaller one pack and set a 2 liter on my chest for Josh !!!! :rock

Dan and his buddy Brian and I got together last night at my house for some grip and pulling. It was kind of last minute but a lot of fun. Shame you couldn't have been here Jason, I could have showed you some AW tips :D

Last one they had Chris was in Kc Scott Harris and Ben Edward's put it together. And that would of been fun Josh I can use all the help I can get. I have'nt pulled since May but got a Ks. state tourny second week in of September. I finnaly got my right shoulder to felling half way decent. :D

Hey Jason, I had a blast at the one in March too. Haven't heard from Scott for a while though...seems like he's fallen off the edge of the grip world and into the armwrestling scene. I had entertained grand ideas of a professional grip contest in 2009 or 2010. Big sponsors, 1K for 1st prize and descending amounts down to the 5th place. I'm not interested lately in the work that would entail getting it together since we can't even get more than a handful of guys to compete for a $10 entry fee.

I'm focusing on my writing now and really want to get that off the ground in a big way. But it's going to take a lot of time and it starts small and takes a long while to get rolling and gathering momentum. If there's a grip contest really close next year I'll probably go. Otherwise I'm staying home.

I agree that it's about time for another get-together. Gotta thin the supply of steel in my apartment and leave a few more carcasses. Ever since I bent my first St. Croix Forge, Light (non-rimmed) horseshoe last Friday, my confidence has improved and I need that in order to go for one of my goals: bending a Kerckhaert draft horseshoe. Plus, I got a new 20# sledgehammer that needs a new name. Currently, I'm stuck on either "Goliath" or "Thunder", but I am open to suggestions. Finally, my DO bending has gone into the crapper, and I need to get back on track with some good coaching.

Do we have to have a contest to get together man the last one we had was so cool because everybody kind of had there little deal going. I learned so much at that contest and had a blast just watching guy's do there thing hell I will have it at my place come on over I got a A/W table I have blob's pinch set up hub's hammer's kettlebell's and plenty of gripper's and steel. I have alot of guy's around here that would come to you guy's call it if you want to let's do it. I got a big ass grill we can do some food drink what ever let me know !!!! :D

Any of you guys want to go to Three Rivers MI let me know. Shit, it's a 4 hour drive for me, not much longer for you guys.

Anyways, I know it is a huge pain in the ass, but I want to go to Larkins in the next couple months anyways. I'll have to arrange it with the MI regulars first (Dave, Zach, Jeff), but if anyone else is interested we could make it a bigger gathering.

No worries, I wouldn't want to drive 6+ hours either.

Any of you guys want to go to Three Rivers MI let me know. Shit, it's a 4 hour drive for me, not much longer for you guys.

Anyways, I know it is a huge pain in the ass, but I want to go to Larkins in the next couple months anyways. I'll have to arrange it with the MI regulars first (Dave, Zach, Jeff), but if anyone else is interested we could make it a bigger gathering.

Judging by my last grip workout I need to hook up with guys and get publicly embarrassed (it was disgusting, btw). I'd be interested...

I'm interested too.

Brouse, why did I think you lived in Minnesota...?

Because I did. Moved to Kalamazoo for schooly on the 4th of Jooly.

Judging by my last grip workout I need to hook up with guys and get publicly embarrassed (it was disgusting, btw). I'd be interested...

Now Matt, that would only be a 20 minute drive for you so you have no excuse not to be there ;):happy

...so you have no excuse not to be there ;):happy

I can come up with something.

:happy

...so you have no excuse not to be there ;):happy

I can come up with something.

:happy

Just remember, last time I checked, your grandmother can't die 3 weeks in a row, your dentist doesn't want to see you 4x in one week and your "doctor" is tired of you using him.

Shit, it's a 4 hour drive for me, not much longer for you guys.

I'm in Kzoo and have a pool, sauna and hottub at my Apt. How's that grab ya? :cool

Things are pretty tight for me now, but does October 18 sound okay for anyone? Trying to give the BBB guys a little time to recover.

Things are pretty tight for me now, but does October 18 sound okay for anyone? Trying to give the BBB guys a little time to recover.

Dats koo wif me

• 2 weeks later...

How do I enter a Contest ? Is there any near Rockford IL. ? I am just getting started so I realy don't know how to do this. If anyone can help it would be appreciated. Thanks

How do I enter a Contest ? Is there any near Rockford IL. ? I am just getting started so I realy don't know how to do this. If anyone can help it would be appreciated. Thanks

You just let the contest organizer know you're interested via PM and/or by stating it in a post. You ought to make your first contest the Backyard Bastard Bash 4 on October 4th. It's in Pesotum, IL. Great setup there. Organizer is John Beatty, a pro strongman. There will be lots of strongman and grip toys to play with afterwards as well. If you're new to grip training, there will be plenty of competitors there that will be more than glad to show you the ropes. Even if it means you beat them in the placings.

Damn, I can't get together in October at all. Sorry guys, my schedule has been horrible lately.

Shane, I hold a contest every year in Three Rivers, MI. Contact me if you want more info.

Damn, I can't get together in October at all. Sorry guys, my schedule has been horrible lately.

Is there a better time? Oct. 18th seemed a bit too soon after the BBB anyway for anything big to be done... by me anyway :tongue Perhaps sometime in the fall or before Thanksgiving?