Bought Some Different 60d Nails Today At Lowe's

John4cars

I was out by a Lowe's that a ways from my house so I thought I would stop in to see their nail selection. I founds some 60D nails that looked a little different then the ones I have seen before. The Galvanized 60D common nail, item# 69591, looked almost like it has a frosted coating on it. Normally the ones I see are a bit darker. The strange looking one however is the 60D polebarn nail item#117835. It has very fine lines/circles around the nail going about half way up the shaft. These are not threads like a screw but separate rings around the nail. It is also much thinner than a normal 60D and super easy to bend and only .19c to buy. I think I have found my new warm up nail!

I was out by a Lowe's that a ways from my house so I thought I would stop in to see their nail selection. I founds some 60D nails that looked a little different then the ones I have seen before. The Galvanized 60D common nail, item# 69591, looked almost like it has a frosted coating on it. Normally the ones I see are a bit darker. The strange looking one however is the 60D polebarn nail item#117835. It has very fine lines/circles around the nail going about half way up the shaft. These are not threads like a screw but separate rings around the nail. It is also much thinner than a normal 60D and super easy to bend and only .19c to buy. I think I have found my new warm up nail!
My wife works at Lowes. i'll have her pick up some of those when I start bending, thanks John and good luck in your training.

are they shank nails?

Galvanized should be different from shank, but his description almost sounds like a shank nail.

Edited by vikingsrule92

are they shank nails?

Galvanized should be different from shank, but his description almost sounds like a shank nail.

I'm not sure what a shank nail is but I will take some pics when I get home. Posting from my phone at the moment.

Another couple of nails that I ran into yesterday at Westlake were 7" gutter nails, solid white and super shiny. I started to see if I could bend them overhand style bare handed at the store and the shiny started to bend with ease. I tried to bend it back from the easy kink as straight as could be. I didn't buy of them because they were too thin.

are they shank nails?

I think he's describing a mexican judo nail

Edited by Paul Knight

are they shank nails?

Thats what im saying. By the description they sound like shank. I bought a box of the 60d shank on accident and they significantly easier than common.

I've had some of the ring shank nails like the ones at the top and some of them will break on the crush.

The galvanized 60d next to the ring shank is a griprite and they vary alot. I've had some that were pathetically easy for a 60d and I've had some that were more normal.

The one under that I believe is also a griprite only a different batch and I've had some that look just like that and they cal'd at 280 lbs.

Have you tried bending any of the 60ds yet or any of the ones I sent?

Later,

Tim

I've had some of the ring shank nails like the ones at the top and some of them will break on the crush.

The galvanized 60d next to the ring shank is a griprite and they vary alot. I've had some that were pathetically easy for a 60d and I've had some that were more normal.

The one under that I believe is also a griprite only a different batch and I've had some that look just like that and they cal'd at 280 lbs.

Later,

Tim

Actually I still haven't received the nails yet. I'm excited to get them though!

Later,

Tim

Actually I still haven't received the nails yet. I'm excited to get them though!

Are you kidding me???!!!!! I work for the post office but stuff like this just burns me up. I thought you've had that package for a while now so I just thought you were healing up.

That's pathetic to say the absolute least. Bad thing is if it's lost there was one of my few mutant nails in there.

Geez I'm hot over that.

Tim

Later,

Tim

Are you kidding me???!!!!! I work for the post office but stuff like this just burns me up. I thought you've had that package for a while now so I just thought you were healing up.

That's pathetic to say the absolute least. Bad thing is if it's lost there was one of my few mutant nails in there.

Geez I'm hot over that.

Tim

Well I sure as crap hope they didn't lose it! I was looking forward to many many battles with that mutant 60D when my hands heal up and I gain more strength. Did you send it in a box or one of those thicker packages? I have one of those little metal boxes with 10 others up the street in a group mailbox. I wonder if it was too large for them to put in the box so they took it back to the office? I might check with them tomorrow morning.

I made a thick envelope out of corregated cardboard. Should fit in a box.

Tim