32k Bottoms Up Turkish Get Up Almost

nickr104

I did this today in my last workout befor GGC. I will get it next time.

Oh so close!

Couldn't even finish it? Psht, post when you have something impressive to show then...

WOW!!! NICE JOB NICK!!! The others are right, you did the hard part!!!

Very cool, Nick :bow

Are you supposed to follow a certain technique, or doesn't it matter how, as long as you stand up with the weight above your head and arm straight?

I tried this as well with a DB (not the lying down part) of 32K after my rednail witness told me that it would be very difficult, and I felt it was easier then expected since I got the 40kg DB as well.

Now that I see you playing with it, I'm starting to wonder if perhaps I used a different (illegal?) technique....

Are you supposed to follow a certain technique, or doesn't it matter how, as long as you stand up with the weight above your head and arm straight?

I tried this as well with a DB (not the lying down part) of 32K after my rednail witness told me that it would be very difficult, and I felt it was easier then expected since I got the 40kg DB as well.

Now that I see you playing with it, I'm starting to wonder if perhaps I used a different (illegal?) technique....

The thing that makes it hard is Holding the Kb bottoms up. I can do a normal Turkish get up with that kb no problem. If You get a chance sometime to try it with Kettlebells use a 16k to start and you will see the difference.

The thing that makes it hard is Holding the Kb bottoms up. I can do a normal Turkish get up with that kb no problem. If You get a chance sometime to try it with Kettlebells use a 16k to start and you will see the difference.

Ahh, I didnt see the video since youtube is blocked here.

But that's definitely a difference, no doubt about it ;)

Then it's safe to say that my witness told me that a 12 year old girl did that with 32kg, that's why I wanted to try ;)

But holding it up is a whole different thing for sure ;)

You got it in my book. It's called a Turkish Get-UP, you missed the Get Down part.

My logic is flawless.

I agree with Matt!

Good job bro! you know after you got the 24k I had to go down that night and try it but tonight I can say I won't be trying the 32k your safe(for now anyways :D )

Gave these a go today with my 32kg. A very tough move. I have a new respect for how hard this is.

Nick

strongwork with the BUTGU. Most people have no idea how tough that is and how much total strength and coordination it requires.

I will put up a video this month of a BUTGU with a 36kg (81lbs)

If you get one, i know it will allow you break down the door with your BUP of the 40kg. Your so close to it bro, a little bit of practice after the comp and you will own that lift.

-Adam

Thanks guys! I would try my 40 k at some point But i know i wouldn't be close right now. I have Bottom up pressed that for a double on a good day right hand only. My left is still a little off on this lift. i was real happy to get where i got with it. I will work on it more latter.