Can You Improve With Trainingpartners Weaker Than You ?

Flexor Brachialis

Servus,

my question is, if you can improve your armwrestling strenght though you have only Armwrestlingpartners which are weaker than you ??

And I mean constantly improve...

would like to hear your opinion about that

Servus,

my question is, if you can improve your armwrestling strenght though you have only Armwrestlingpartners which are weaker than you ??

And I mean constantly improve...

would like to hear your opinion about that

Yes. Look at Brzenk.

i train with my friend. on his right arm its no joke, i can pin him easy. left arm though he can beat me. but my right arm towards the end i have a few pulls with him and get him to use 2 arms to amke it abit more difficult. i tihnk with every arm wrestle you do, whether they are stronger or weaker, you will alwasy improve abit more until you get to the top

i train with my friend. on his right arm its no joke, i can pin him easy. left arm though he can beat me. but my right arm towards the end i have a few pulls with him and get him to use 2 arms to amke it abit more difficult. i tihnk with every arm wrestle you do, whether they are stronger or weaker, you will alwasy improve abit more until you get to the top

I would think you would want him to pull with the most advantage at the beginning of your training sessions. When your stronger, so then when you get tired from that you can pull him normal. And still get a good workout.....

Of course you can. How does John Brzenk get better? And I'm pretty sure Cyplenkov is getting better but everybody he trains with is weaker than he is (left handed at least). Me and my friend (we're novices) were training with this guy two different times and he could beat us easily but said we were giving him good practice and helping his hook improve (cause his hook is "weak"). If you train with people that you can beat pretty easily, you just have to let them get you like halfway down and then slowly bring them back, and focus on working your weak points and it's all good. Obviously, you're not always gonna find people better than you are to train with.

I would think you would want him to pull with the most advantage at the beginning of your training sessions. When your stronger, so then when you get tired from that you can pull him normal. And still get a good workout.....

its really no problem. if i let him use 2 at the beginning he will of warn himself down. we do an hour or so just one hand. then at end hel use 2 hands, i still beat him nice and easy but this is when the elbow gets a littll bit sore :p

Over the long road.....You really only want to practice with pullers weaker than you.

If you only practice with guys stronger than you, sooner or later you will get injured.

Over the long road.....You really only want to practice with pullers weaker than you.

If you only practice with guys stronger than you, sooner or later you will get injured.

I concur 100%. Negative pressure (you being stretched) hurts and pops your arm, hence the name negative is apporiated. People think negative contraction gives your micro tear at best, and rip your arm muscle off at the worst. Training (I am a trainer) should focus on positive moment such as in winning moment can be done with weaker partner but like said above: he can use 2 hands to slow you down w/o too much negative pressure (stretch you out). They said when your excerise and using only positive contraction you rarely get sore (no micro tear in muscle tissue)

Another strategy for the stronger puller is to have a inner tube hooked to the table

and pull the tube and your weaker opponent.

I do this all the time. Letting the weaker opponent use 2 hands is effective also.

The other hand should go underneath the locked hands, not on top. If you don't

understand what I mean let me know and I'll try and explain a little better.

Hope this helps,

Mighty Joe

I concur 100%. Negative pressure (you being stretched) hurts and pops your arm, hence the name negative is apporiated. People think negative contraction gives your micro tear at best, and rip your arm muscle off at the worst. Training (I am a trainer) should focus on positive moment such as in winning moment can be done with weaker partner but like said above: he can use 2 hands to slow you down w/o too much negative pressure (stretch you out). They said when your excerise and using only positive contraction you rarely get sore (no micro tear in muscle tissue)

regarding john brzenks training. i tihnk bob would kno. is there any of of the guys he trains with eventually beats him after hes worn down, or is he just a animal and never has a problem.

Edited by raikkonen

Thanks all !! I agree BUT you also need steppingstones to progress ! Because the muscle get used to always have the same typ of pressure...

But know I see my training in a better light :) thx

Thanks all !! I agree BUT you also need steppingstones to progress ! Because the muscle get used to always have the same typ of pressure...

But know I see my training in a better light :) thx

As steppingstones I would use some exercises like chinups, hammer curls, wrist curls etc. You can see your progress better on these fixed weights than on your progress against other armwrestlers, that might have strong and weak days.

Another strategy for the stronger puller is to have a inner tube hooked to the table

I do this all the time. Letting the weaker opponent use 2 hands is effective also.

Hope this helps,

Mighty Joe

i see voevoda training and when he trains with that other guy he does wot you say, using the other arm to hold him by putting it under the locked arms. so, when i first tried with my m8, he actually found it very difficult and just as hard as he used witrh one hand. so with him he does it the oppisite now, puts his spare hand over the top ofours and pulls from there. is this bad?

Hope this helps,

Mighty Joe

i see voevoda training and when he trains with that other guy he does wot you say, using the other arm to hold him by putting it under the locked arms. so, when i first tried with my m8, he actually found it very difficult and just as hard as he used witrh one hand. so with him he does it the oppisite now, puts his spare hand over the top ofours and pulls from there. is this bad?

It's not bad it just doens't allow the stronger guy to work his

hand control as effective.

Mighty Joe

regarding john brzenks training. i tihnk bob would kno. is there any of of the guys he trains with eventually beats him after hes worn down, or is he just a animal and never has a problem.

He will stay on the table until he finally does lose. Take about a 10 min break and then do it again.