2008 Goal Achieved

jsmiley

This morning I was able to get my one of my 08 grip goals done, I finally closed the 2.5, I have been working on the 2.5 for exactly a month, I put it in the choker on Jul 19, 2008. At that time I could barley move it from parallel, and I was still about 6-8 mm from closing the thing. Today I shut the thing, my next set of goals are CCS the 2.5 right, and choke close the 2 with the left.

Closing the 2.5 choked

sorry for the poor video quality, I didn't realize how dark it would be, my future videos I will make sure to turn on more lights in my house.

Edited by Jsmiley

Nice. If you made that kind of progress in a month you should see a 2.5 CCS before the year is out.

Thanks guys I have only been grip training since the end of May. Before that I did a little bit of Power lifting (no comps just hobby). When I started grip almost three months ago I could get the 1.5 to about 3mm from close. I know that I will be able to keep up a pretty fast progress pace until I hit the number 3, right now I can get the three down to parallel, I have not choked the three, or really started training with it at all, it's my goal gripper so I try it once in a while. Within the next couple of weeks I'll probably start using the 3 for negs, my problem is that my 3 feels monster hard compared to my 2.5. I have a set of COC's and no other grippers. I am going to keep doing what I have been doing, any tips on how to tackle a really hard gripper would be great thanks.

any tips on how to tackle a really hard gripper would be great thanks.

Negs

Congrats on getting the #2.5 closed. I got mine closed in January with a parallel set (MMS) and I'm just a couple mm away from a TNS close now. I wouldn't worry too much about training specifically for the CCS on the #2.5 - work on TNS closes and then get that #3 in a choker at parallel and you should be able to close it soon. You can test yourself on the CCS every few weeks but I think working the harder closes (TNS #2.5/choker #3) will help you gain some strength. Good luck! :D

I've been working on TNS with the number 2, and I have noticed how the 2 seems to get easier and easier with every workout, I haven't really hit a plateau yet, when I just started to close the number 2 from parallel I was about an 15mm away from the 2.5, now I am in the same boat with the 3 I can get it to probably just about 10mm from close, I haven't started on negs with the three yet, that is going to be added into the next workout for sure. I am more concerned with being able to MMS the 3 than anything with the 2.5, I see the 2.5 as just another step to get to my goal, and my goal is CCS #3.

Question -- is it a good idea to loosen the choker on the gripper in order to stage the gripper in a different spot? I have it set to parallel right now, I think that I would benefit from openning up the gripper more to stage it in between a CCS and a parallel.

Thanks

Frank

I've been working on TNS with the number 2, and I have noticed how the 2 seems to get easier and easier with every workout, I haven't really hit a plateau yet, when I just started to close the number 2 from parallel I was about an 15mm away from the 2.5, now I am in the same boat with the 3 I can get it to probably just about 10mm from close, I haven't started on negs with the three yet, that is going to be added into the next workout for sure. I am more concerned with being able to MMS the 3 than anything with the 2.5, I see the 2.5 as just another step to get to my goal, and my goal is CCS #3.

Question -- is it a good idea to loosen the choker on the gripper in order to stage the gripper in a different spot? I have it set to parallel right now, I think that I would benefit from openning up the gripper more to stage it in between a CCS and a parallel.

Thanks

Frank

It is a really good way to train. I wrote about the progressive distance choker method in my choker training article, check it out in my blog.

Glad to see you are making good progress.

Congrats again...I saw you mention in my thread you might get into bending. It is a blast! I am definitely a better bender than gripper, so I might be a little prejudiced, but I expect if you give it a try you'll be addicted in no time. I highly recommend getting a bender's bag from FBBC, and ask John to throw in some of his wraps, if you decide to get started :rock

Thanks guys I have only been grip training since the end of May. Before that I did a little bit of Power lifting (no comps just hobby). When I started grip almost three months ago I could get the 1.5 to about 3mm from close. I know that I will be able to keep up a pretty fast progress pace until I hit the number 3, right now I can get the three down to parallel, I have not choked the three, or really started training with it at all, it's my goal gripper so I try it once in a while. Within the next couple of weeks I'll probably start using the 3 for negs, my problem is that my 3 feels monster hard compared to my 2.5. I have a set of COC's and no other grippers. I am going to keep doing what I have been doing, any tips on how to tackle a really hard gripper would be great thanks.

I have a set of COCs and ventured out finally and ordered a BBSM. In all honesty, I like the feel of the BBs moreso than the COCs. The BBSM is a bit harder than the #2.5 and it feels like it will be a good gripper to help get the 2.5. I'm close to getting the #2.5 from an MMS set.

Good job keep it up!!!

Brendan